Official DATES for RTR 2018: Rules and Maps

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happaay,

I'm excited to participate in my first RTR.
Thank you Bob!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Anyone know if there are motels within a reasonable distance? I'd like to attend and learn but won't have anything to live in yet. If anyone is looking to sell a VG(!) cargo trailer conversion please contact me. We may play "Let's Make A Deal."

PDX1953 said:
Anyone know if there are motels within a reasonable distance?
There are two motels in Quartzsite about 5 miles from the RTR. Expect them to be busy in Jan. One in Ehrenburg, several in Blythe. Other directions much further, unless there is something in Bouse. Consider renting an RV in Phonex, LA, or Yuma.

We'll be there again in 2018. Looking forward to reconnecting with some of the folks we met in 2017 and to making new friends as well.

I tripper, we reinforced our door with wire mesh (and some of the windows too), all the pieces have fallen off in the meantime.
Too much wobbling around on dirt roads I guess ;)
If you find a good way to attach stuff, let us know!

PDX1953
You don't want to be in a motel, see if you can rent a small RV or even a van.
Back in the day, we did many camping trips in rented vans. 
It will give you a very different experience rather than driving in from a Motel.

StrayCat said:
We'll be there again in 2018. Looking forward to reconnecting with some of the folks we met in 2017 and to making new friends as well.

I tripper, we reinforced our door with wire mesh (and some of the windows too), all the pieces have fallen off in the meantime.
Too much wobbling around on dirt roads I guess ;)
If you find a good way to attach stuff, let us know!

PDX1953
You don't want to be in a motel, see if you can rent a small RV or even a van.
Back in the day, we did many camping trips in rented vans. 
It will give you a very different experience rather than driving in from a Motel.

It all depends on when my new wheelchair shows up from Greece. I hope it'll be here by Christmas & then I'll mount it on my Segway base which will allow me to get around on uneven terrain. I have a lift in the back of my Flex so I don't think a rented motorhome will work & from what little I know about them they're way too expensive. I'm in the early stages of finding & designing a stealth cargo trailer and it won't be completed in time for the 2018 RTR.

Jim Plow said:
I just bought a new coffee press. Anyone want to help me test it out?

Currently at the Ehrenberg plateau near what seems to me to be, a mini grand canyon.

Me, me, me!  Pick me!!!  But I won't be in Ehrenberg til January 1.

OMG-  I requested the time off work...... and it was approved.
Uh oh... I have a lot to do before I can go...

But looking forward to the adventure and opportunity to meet y'all !

wagoneer said:
French press vs Italian Stallion

I am always interested in different way's to make coffee. What is an, Italian Stallion ?
I did look at the enlarged photo,could you elaborate some?

The Migration has started , I hear of People and Nomands coming from the east and from the north.
Its on!

A rendezvous of wanderers

An enchanting siren song
to those cautiously hopeful
to embrace
and be embraced

and
a good place to get help with difficult electrical problems

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 73
My girlfriend, my doggone Floyd, and I have been planning for this to be our first rtr for some time now. We will be traveling from western NY, but we keep getting hit with setbacks, mostly from below freezing weather, and my tow vehicle being a royal p.I.t.a. (radiator cracked, smoked the clutch in reverse last week, and brake job needs done all in the same week). We're thinking that we will be ready to depart by the beginning of the second week in January. We rrrreally super hope that we make it out in time to meet you wonderful souls! -Kenny

First timer looking forward to meeting all of you fine (and even the not-so-fine) folks out in the desert. I'll be leaving from NE Florida around Jan 6th. If anyone has trouble in front of me, or wants to caravan out together, let me know.

I’m wanting to attend the RTR so badly. Thinking of quitting my boring life-sucking County job and driving my Honda CRZ with my chichuhua. Not sure if husband would come with me. I’m dying spiritually and need to see if this is for me. I think it is. Freedom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dear Anna57,
The RTR is calling to you, and to all of us! Good idea to come check it out. Lots of helpful seminars and people to learn from, and bounce ideas around. Check out different types of rigs and talk to people actually living freedom.

See you there!
Aloha

I’d really love too come out. If not this year then next time. I need a rig first. My Honda CRZ wouldn’t be comfortable to live in. I’d love too meet everyone and get ideas on
living free!!! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Escape Pod Pilot said:
A rendezvous of wanderers

An enchanting siren song
to those cautiously hopeful
to embrace
and be embraced

and
a good place to get help with difficult electrical problems

Love the poetry!  :heart:  and MY GOSH that campsite is beautiful!  Where was that photo taken!?!  :D

Is there a map of the generator/non generator areas yet? Ill probably get there early and do not want to park anywhere near the generators

If its like last year, the music rtr was 1 or 2 turnoffs before the turnoff of the main group (walking distance but pretty far away, the whole area is massive).