nursing jobs

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mimisd

Reaction score
Any traveling nurses here? Just wondering about the possibility of traveling out of van or rv and working as an lvn. Lots of compact states with Texas so should be a possibility.

mimisd said:
Any traveling nurses here? Just wondering about the possibility of traveling out of van or rv and working as an lvn. Lots of compact states with Texas so should be a possibility.

I am not a nurse but I was just reading posts in a solo women's travel group on facebook and that is how most of them were able to afford to travel the world. I would say it is a great idea.

I've been traveling for 2 years now.  Have always stayed in Hotels, apartments or rented rooms.  Will be moving into my car in three weeks.  Should be able to save $2,000.00 a month.  Currently in New Hampshire but heading south for the winter.

A friend of mine considered doing that and checked out a gig in Hawaii that provided free housing + transportation to and from the hospital. It would be nice to get away in the wintertime to some warm place but maybe it would be hard to get a plum like that?

Hawaii would be awesome.  But, its considered a "destination" and therefor the pay is very poor.  Places like New England in the winter pay extremely well as no one wants to winter up here!!  I chase the money, go where they pay the most.  But, I am ready for a mild winter and will head southwest this fall.