North East coast vandwellers- RTR anyone (NY?)?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vtwinkicker

Reaction score
Someone said most vandwellers are either out west or back east, not many in the middle.

I'm in NY and am thinking of scouting out some state forest lands I know of that might be good for an east coast RTR.

Who all is on the east coast? and would anyone be interested in something this spring?

I'm in MA. I'm always thinking a gathering would be awesome. But, it could turn into a huge undertaking. I simply don't have the resources to even help at this point.

I'd love to attend, but getting away is complicated. I hope to have about 10 days this summer to spend in my van. When that will occur will not be my decision

I'm from Vermont (currently in SoCal) and have had a similar thought process before, but, I can't think of any free places to host swarms of vandwellers. Big patches of empty land are just easier to come by in the southwest.

I've got a big Wally lot next door !

TMG51 said:
I'm from Vermont (currently in SoCal) and have had a similar thought process before, but, I can't think of any free places to host swarms of vandwellers. Big patches of empty land are just easier to come by in the southwest.

I doubt we'd see swarms of vandwellers, especially the first time. I think if we saw a dozen rigs we'd be doing petty good. Everybody is out west! 

If I see any interest I will scout out some state forest land in central NY that would be able to accomodate. I'm thinking mid May before the bugs get too hungry.

I'm in.
Sitting in the door of my rig, taking a break and checking the Innerwebs. I'll be mobile in a week or two and will be heading North from NC.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

There are get togethers in the south east many times a year. Maybe someone else here knows more about them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We sure are a spread out bunch !
Sounds like RTR will have to be held in all 4 corners and one in the middle too...

SW , NW , SE , NE , and Colorado ;)

It's doable. Not too far from what is already happening....

LeeRevell said:
South East Coast here.  NY is a nonflyer for me.  Reasons.
Something in the Tenn/Ky/Carolinas area is doable, and more central.

The August 21st Total Solar Eclipse will pass over TN/KY/NC/SC.  In NC, it will be over the Great Smokey Mountains National Park.

http://www.eclipse2017.org/2017/path_through_the_US.htm#NorthCarolina

BTW, my personal opinion is that other people here should not use the name Rubber Tramp Rendezvous or RTR without Bob's explicit permission.  He certainly owns the moral rights to that name, if not the legal rights.

Optimistic Paranoid said:
BTW, my personal opinion is that other people here should not use the name Rubber Tramp Rendezvous or RTR without Bob's explicit permission.  He certainly owns the moral rights to that name, if not the legal rights.

My opinion too; ... especially when I saw Youtubers Black Bigot & "Elvis" (I forget his channel name at the moment) each state they were going to be organizing an "RTR the way it should be done" ...

Thirsty Boots Nomad said:
My opinion too; ... especially when I saw Youtubers Black Bigot & "Elvis" (I forget his channel name at the moment) each state they were going to be organizing an "RTR the way it should be done" ...

The term rubber tramp has been around a long time. Whether or not Bob is offended by the use of "Rubber Tramp Rendezvous" or "RTR" by others is his call. Hopefully he will weigh in and let us know if those terms are reserved.

I guess the terms have become well known enough to be universal like "kleenex" etc.

No offense meant or intended Bob by using RTR and Rubber Tramp Rendezvous.

I'm stuck in upstate NY but would love to attend a gathering on the East Coast!

Vonbrown said:
I'm stuck in upstate NY but would love to attend a gathering on the East Coast!

Vonbrown, I'm looking at state forests the Cobleskill area so may not be too far from you.

Winters in Florida, Virginia in Spring and Fall, Summer in New Hampshire and Maine.
Some of us had a small RTR in Florida 2 years ago; Bob even stopped by.
Looking forward to another

I am in Pa and would be interested depending, where and when.
Bob

Optimistic Paranoid said:
The August 21st Total Solar Eclipse will pass over TN/KY/NC/SC.  In NC, it will be over the Great Smokey Mountains National Park.

http://www.eclipse2017.org/2017/path_through_the_US.htm#NorthCarolina

Assuming you are NOT ascribing the "RTR" thing to me. Not my words.

The term rubber tramp goes way back. I remember seeing it in a book from the 30s maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk