noisy neighbors

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I indicated earlier, the map shows that particular Tin Cup CG is way the hell out of the way up a dead end road north of Stanley, which is itself is quite out of the way, except for the Redfish Lake Resort right nearby.

From my own experience, I don't think I would stay in a place like that if it was just me over here and 18 drunks with guns (99% probability on both counts) over there. It is less likely for incidents to happen if there are at least a few other campers nearby, besides just the drunks. They're unlikely to shoot everybody.

And from my experience, those "sort" of people tend to like the dense woods more than open spaces, no doubt because it's easier to do stuff without being seen.

Qxxx said:
As I indicated earlier, the map shows that particular Tin Cup CG is way the hell out of the way up a dead end road north of Stanley, which is itself is quite out of the way, except for the Redfish Lake Resort right nearby.

From my own experience, I don't think I would stay in a place like that if it was just me over here and 18 drunks with guns (99% probability on both counts) over there. It is less likely for incidents to happen if there are at least a few other campers nearby, besides just the drunks. They're unlikely to shoot everybody.

And from my experience, those "sort" of people tend to like the dense woods more than open spaces, no doubt because it's easier to do stuff without being seen.
Ya right no doubt on all counts. Fact is nobody in the woods feels they should be restricted. People that are inconsiderate jerks in town are real A-holes in the woods.

I like people.. mostly. It is the societal construct that I despise.  I would join the party.  Maybe I will carry a bottle of Fireball for such occasions so I can share shots with them after all they are sharing their music and laughter.. its the least I could do...maybe they got some bbq?

I could start youtube channel based on a nomad that crashes other peoples parties in the woods. I think there would be a ton of subs! Open a Patreon so yall can pay for the booze and hangover remedies.

Ah, forest campgrounds. I don't stay in them as that is where groups of people like to camp. Campground camping is not dispersed camping. I disperse camp all over the stanley area and have never had an incident. The only cell service I get is verizon roaming around there though. I doubt the tin cup campground has any cell service.

desert_sailing said:
I will never ever stop to help weekenders. The more misery they have the less likely they will try again. The higher the fewer.

No idea how to deal with people running generators other than moving or earplugs?

Good philosophy desert..sailing.  And as you know, there are so many super quiet inverter generators to choose from now a days , but then you have the rig  with the construction generator with a  pipe nipple as a muffler.

In about 150 days of dispersed camping in a very popular vehicular recreation area last summer, I rarely had problems with noise during "quiet hours". Of course outside of quiet hours, it was a racket of ATVs and generators and yelling kids. If you can't handle noise without getting all ragey, either put in earplugs or find a quiet spot. I found a little-used dead-end road with a few good sites for the peak of the summer. Up there, the only noise was some really loud birds squawking every morning well before dawn.

Telling people to shut the hell up only provokes conflict. Of course, if some jackasses are recklessly discharging firearms in your general direction, make your presence known very loudly.

Places to avoid in the future.
I filter out OHV areas when looking for dispersed areas.

Be very careful when I see spent brass lying about among beer bottles and cans. Especially cases like .300 Winchester Magnum brass.