Hølã in my HHR

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Casemods

Reaction score
Hey all. Camping in my 2010 HHR. Googled condensation removal techniques and found a post on here. 

Currently sleeping in my car because half-related room mates are noisy and inconsiderate to say the least. But will enable me to turn my room into more storage and a lounge (big tv, stereo, couch, etc)

I have 5% tint all around the rear and used cheap sun shade to block all the rear windows and I put a black fleece throw blanket on the front seats so it's pretty private and stealth. Plus my car is stock, and has only a few dents so it doesn't draw attention. 

I've found the best places to camp are in rich neighborhoods somewhat close to where other cars are parked so it seems like you're just the neighbor parking in front of someone's house (we all know how nosy and possessive people get when someone parks in front of their house, on a public street that they have no legal rights to). Rich neighborhoods almost never have anyone with loud vehicles or have people outside making noise after dark, other than for jogging or dog walking. Luckily there is one just down the street (it's off of a few main streets but you wouldn't know it's there unless you went into it, which wouldn't make any travel better)

Empty parking lots are no good. Too obvious. Even though light pollution, traffic and noise would be minimal. 

Populated parking lots are no good either as they provide too much noise and vehicle traffic.

Welcome to the CRVL forums Casemods. To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.