nissan nv200 how do i make a privacy curtain

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephen.hazel

Reaction score
well, i got a nissan nv200 for campin.

only got the back half of the bed platform done till tomo.
white t-molding on 3/4" ply on prefab table legs chopped short.
I'm got magnets for back window curtains. 

but i'm not sure how i'll do cab curtains.  i also wanna put
bug net on the front windows for ventilation.

if anybody's got any ideers...

20160820_115905.jpg

I went to a fabric shop and bought headliner material and cut to size.  It's black on one side, which goes out, and grey on the other side.  The unique thing about this material is that it acts as velcro "loop".

I got velcro glue strips and lined glass along the edges with the hook side.  I learned the hard way to use the industrial strength velcro - if you use the regular velcro tape the glue will melt if the vehicle is left in the heat, and the tape will slide down or buckle.  Here's the good stuff: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JJPPYF8/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You can make some pull tabs from the velcro to open the covers back  hold the fabric in place.

The material is mostly blackout.  But you shine a strong enough light from inside directly at the window you can see it from the outside.

Hope that helps

I bought a cheap tension rod and some blackout panels from Walmart. Add a couple tie-backs for when it's not in use and it works pretty good.

Just to clarify - I also used a rod for the front. What I described above was for the back windows, and the windows on the sliding doors.

Nice to see others working with the NC200. I have one and I'm working on remodeling the cab. This is for camping and road trips. Has been a long project but good. Running full power. Futon fan if needed. Need to bondo then apply laminate and lighting then all done. She's held up so far to the driving and insane amount of idling

Attachments

• 1472045168052764246398.jpg
    1472045168052764246398.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 18
  • 1472045222620739632949.jpg
    1472045222620739632949.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 20
  • 1472045269418274699877.jpg
    1472045269418274699877.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 19
The headliner is made from a weak material, designed to vaporize when the side curtain airbags go off. You might have a hard time keeping anything attached to it for long.

You can cut the back of the headliner off where it extends into the cargo area. Take a utility knife and run a line along the back of the pillar so you're clear of the airbags. Now you can glue your velcro or hooks to the sheet metal and it should be more stable. You will also get better light blocking along the top edge.

I took mine a step further and bolted a piece of 1x2 along the top to attach things to. I did it in a hurry and it's ugly as hell but you get the idea. You should be able to see where I cut back the headliner.
headliner.jpg

Attachments

• headliner.jpg
    headliner.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 25
weird so does this forum not notify you when somebody replies to your posts?

well, i ended up getting a microweave white shower curtain n choppin off the bottom to shorten it.
I white duck taped 2 magnets and threaded a dowel thru the shower curtain holes to stick to
the metal riiight behind the cab fabric.  the top corners of the cab fabric, i hang the rest of
the top offa, and tuck it into seat belt slots.  It takes up some ceiling of bed area, but that's
where we put our feet.  made magnet on curtains for 2 back windows with bottom of curtain.
made magnetted on white duck tape bordered bug mesh for cab windows so you can roll em
down for ventilation.

bent one of my bed platform feet, but that's pretty easily replaced.

pics on my facebook page which is public...
https://www.facebook.com/stephen.ha...0207017305006720.1073741917.1102643201&type=3

thanks for the ideas, but so far they do too much damage to a van i ain't paid for yet.

oh i forgot that didn't show a loaded up van. this one does tho...
https://www.facebook.com/stephen.ha...3606.1073741918.1102643201&type=3&pnref=story

umm, as well as a kajillion other pictures.