Newcomer

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigCisRedd

Reaction score
hello my name is Frank better known as ciskoe redd. this year im looking to start living free. any help or tips much appreciated ​

Attachments

• JPEG_20170808_130615.jpg
    JPEG_20170808_130615.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
Welcome ciskoe to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

highdesertranger

To begin living free, stop watching tv.  Get a good pair of binoculars.  Learn to cook 1+ weeks worth of meals on whatever your free kitchen will consist of.  For extra credit, get really good road maps and brush up on your topo map skills (pick up the real ones on site).  You will find your true hiking stick along the way.

Welcome to the forum. I don't think any of us are living free, as in not paying anything. But at least we are not paying landlords if we're living in our vans.

Welcome to the forums. Put on your 'sponge' cap and read like a mad person. You'll do fine (as long as folks quit blowing up oilfields!)

Hello Frank-

Watch every video Bob Wells has made for his channel....it's like a University education, for living on the road for not a lot of money.
You really can't do better than this channel, forum, website, I've found.

Also feel free to post specific questions....the community here is so helpful!

Where are you starting out from? Most people here seem to be boon docking out west...