Newcomer

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phickerson1

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Patti, I'm new to VanDwellers. I've done a lot of RVing. I did some boondocking in Pahrump NV and I was at last years 2017 Rubber Tramp Rendezvous....it was fun and informative. So I have come to realize that I don't want to live the conventional life style any more. I'm looking to hit the road full time in about a year. That's why I joined this site so I can start learning all that I can to prepare for the journey. I'm currently in Wyoming but anxious to move forward. I hope to be at next years RTR in Quartsite AZ. Hope to see you all there and make some new friends.

Welcome Patti!

If I may speak for the crowd, we hope to see you at RTR 2018 as well!

HI Patty!

where abouts in WY are you? beautiful country.. might swing through yet this fall on the way from MN to AZ!

Welcome to the CRVL forums Patti! We're glad you decided to join us. Hope to see you at the RTR!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Hi, where did you start from and why a car....is it simpler, do you pitch a tent? I'm in Lander WY and it is beautiful in the summer but winter is coming and I'm ready to head south. I lived in Las Vegas for 6 years and I got very use to the warmer weather. Let me know how your trip is going. Patti

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Welcome aboard Patti !
Lots more info here for you to absorb.
Ask about anything you can't find or don't understand.
This is like a giant RTR but online!

I spent a winter in Death Valley and Pahrump was where I went for groceries .
And Vegas was on the way in and out<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>.

phickerson1 said:
I'm in Lander WY and it is beautiful  in the summer but winter is coming and I'm ready to head south.

I spent a night in Lander a few weeks ago...I boondocked at that station on the south east end of town....

Nice, quiet little town. When I was a teenager I lived in Casper. Beautiful summers but the winter was pretty rough.

Anyway, welcome!

Hi Patti,

Welcome. I love WY. I visited twice this year and was close to Lander this summer when I drove to the Tetons. Pretty area.

What do you boondock in?  Will you be van dwelling when you go full time?

We should keep in touch. I'm from Denver and plan on attending the RTR. 

Pam

Yes...we should keep in touch. I don't know yet what I'll be traveling in.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk