Newcomer

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vinniethevan

Reaction score
Hello,
Just landed for awhile after three months out. Lots of things didn't go as planned. Particularly in the making money department! I only need about $1000.00/month to keep going indefinitely, but it gets complicated with a dog. Don't have many skills to land an online job it seems. I have been studying the list of suggestions on this forum, but nothing is coming in yet for me. Any good suggestions?

Welcome to the CRVL forums Vinnie! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome, Vinnie! Can you give us an idea of what you've tried and why it didn't work? That will give us a better idea of how to help you maybe!

AbuelaLoca said:
Welcome, Vinnie! Can you give us an idea of what you've tried and why it didn't work? That will give us a better idea of how to help you maybe!

I have looked for temporary work on Craigslist, and also remote or on-line jobs on both Craigslist and indeed.com. I have asked at places that have help wanted signs (although that was pretty rare). Mostly, the hardest part seems to be the fact that I don't want to leave my dog in a hot car (even though I have a fan going). I really would like to find work that I could do with my computer since I took the time and expense to set it up for that.

I should add that the online jobs I have applied for are: Virtual assistant, matchmaker, call center, data entry, and recruiter. Not one has returned my inquiry.

You can also try sites where you list your resume, such as upwork.com... I'm sure there are others, but that's the only one that comes to mind right now.

Vinniethevan, Welcome, (even though I haven't yet been on the road!)...

You say that you "...Don't have many skills to land an online job it seems..." and yet, you have chiropractic skills? I'm trying to figure this one out...

Gardenias said:
Vinniethevan, Welcome, (even though I haven't yet been on the road!)...

You say that you "...Don't have many skills to land an online job it seems..." and yet, you have chiropractic skills? I'm trying to figure this one out...

Well, chiropractic skills are well and good but each State has its own laws for licensing, and costs. It is illegal to do chiropractic work without a license. Also, those skills do not translate well to online work. It would be a completely different story if I was a nurse or MD or even a Psychologist. Even Health Coaching has its own separate licensing. Very frustrating.

I'm new to the forum and my only experience is living in a fifth wheel for about 5 years stationary.  I'm gearing up to convert a cargo van and traveling west.  I'm in Florida now, but have lived in lots of southern states.  I know the prettiest time to go to the Smokies in in October for the changing of the leaves and the best time to hike there is in December/January when the crowds are gone and snow hits the peaks.   I know the ocean isn't warm enough here in Orlando for me to swim until June 1 but I can swim almost to the end of October.

I know nothing about the west in reference to seasons.  I know I want to see Jackson Hole, but like most of you crowds are not my thing. 
I would love to know about places you have visited in terms of the month or season that's best to go.  I'm interested in hearing about wild flower blooming times in California, aspen leaves turning yellow in the rockies. 

So give me you best advice of what to see and when to go for places in the great west!

Thanks
Jim