Newcomer intro

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RuN away Camper

Reaction score
Hello everyone.  I'm thankful to be able to join such a supportive group.  I'm a 63 year old widow.  I will be retiring in less than 2 years and cannot wait to be full time on the road.  I have watched many videos and read many posts. I'm really curious about whether or not you see teardrop campers who full time.  That is my plan at this time.  I've had my teardrop for 2 years and simply love it.  I tow with a CRV and it works great.  I still need to purchase a generator in order to boondock.  I have not been able to do that yet. I have a 15 gallon grey water tank so I think that will work for the LTVA.  I will purchase solar later.  I look forward to talking and meeting as many of you as I can in the future.   Any ideas or suggestions for getting started are welcome!

Attachments

• IMG_3064.JPG
    IMG_3064.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
Welcome Run Away to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. just to let you know the BLM rules for LTVA's don't say anything about a grey tank. they state you must have a permanently mounted black tank of 10 gallons or more. highdesertranger

I’ve seen teardrop campers who do quite well! Of course, you can make it work for you! Sounds like you have a plan & been doing your research! Good for YOU! We just started full time in Oct. of this year.....so, we are NEWBIES....but grateful we took the plunge!!!
Happy holidays & safe travels,
Kathi

I live out of a similar sized space, the back of a compact pick up truck. The only caveat is that since you'll be spending more time outside you do want to be in nicer weather, not too wet, not too hot, not to cold. The 10x10 is a great supplement. Solar is better than a generator, but only for smaller loads. It depends on what you want to run.

Welcome and nice to hear about your plans. I seen a few teardrops at some gatherings. Would be a very nice way to move around. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome! Love the tear drops for sure. So many configurations and many have great ground clearance for boondocking...

Hello to all.

I live west of Phoenix, Arizona and enjoy driving and camping with my dogs, Dublin, a  Shepherd/Blue Heeler and Maya (Me Me) a Jack Russell. Dublin goes with me when I go alone, usually to Rocky Point, Mexico. She is my alarm system and has a mind of her own! Maya is my little girl for when I am around people.

After watching Bob Wells and others and started seriously rethinking my retirement. I want to see more of the good ole USA on a budget that can afford and not live month to month. It is my hope to meet some of you when I visit Ehrenberg and Quartzite on the weekends.

PS: How the heck do I get a picture into the thumbnail above?

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 3
Maybe you could get a small toy hauler camper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User control panel (cp) click on edit profile, change avatar