Newbie who loves to travel

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treezza

Reaction score
In the summer of 1978, my sister and I, in our early to mid-20s, traveled from Pennsylvania across country, and spent the next three months camping out (tent) and seeing as much as we could everywhere from the Rocky Mountains and west. It was an incredible and memorable trip. We both learned that we didn’t need much--just a little food, clothes, and a place to sleep. I never imagined I might do that again, partly because of my age now and the fact that I would do it solo this time. But after spending days viewing Bob’s YouTube videos, I’m once again getting wanderlust. Although I’ve traveled quite a lot in the interim years as vacation time allowed, and sometimes alone, it mostly involved staying in the safety and security of places of lodging, however I have also done some camping the last two summers in my minivan. These trips were for just 3-5 days. My setup wasn’t ideal, and I thought I could never do it for an extended period of time (it’s physically more challenging now). But now I’m inspired because of all the videos I’ve watched on van conversions!  I can do this! I want to do this!  I think I will do this, if initially only part-time for an extended period! Time to start planning and executing my plans. Will take baby-steps of shorter trips and extend them as I gain confidence. I’m hoping there is a forum on caravans and where and when they are traveling so I can join up once I’m ready; that would be ideal and wonderful. I now live in the PNW, a glorious place to explore in the summer, especially, but want to explore more of the SW (spent 10 days there this past Feb/Mar) once again, and, of course, the Rocky Mountain regions; I have to have access to mountains or I don’t feel very alive. Thankfully there are TWO ranges here in the PNW! Looking forward to meeting some of you on the journey!

Welcome treezza to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

Hi Treezza, I'm also in the PNW sort of inland though, in North Idaho. I love living here, but I also love traveling, so I've decided to cash it all in for a nice white van to live in. I hope I meet you along the way, somewhere.

Welcome! Yes you can do this! Hope to meet one day in our travels

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Nice to see another solo traveler prepping for an adventure!