Howdy yall!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel Reisinger

Reaction score
My name's Daniel Reisinger, I'm 19, recently graduated this last December and bought my 2006 E350 extended van two weeks ago now. I currently reside in the Dallas area in North Texas, and plan to convert and live in my van instead of paying for a dorm/renting while attending community college, then travel in my spare time over the next summer.

I'm currently dealing with some problems due to a rat chewed wiring harness, and some fuel pump problems, and broken inside door handles, but once those are fixed I'll be starting on tearing out the inside and making things livable.

Welcome Daniel :) I have a 90 E 350 extended high top and have had my issues with fuel pumps. (in mine there are two of them...one in the fuel tank and one under the drivers seat) No problems with rats....knock on wood and I hope my cat keeps that from happening. (she likes my rig both in and under)

The pump in the fuel tank (called the lift pump) is generally the headache. I solved it with one of these inexpensive external pumps that I mounted in scrap rubber for sound dampening. I spliced into the two wires that energized the pump in the tank and got some fuel line connections at a junk yard to connect to the pump. It's worked great since. Those lift pumps in the tank are a pain and not reliable.

external electric fuel pump

They are cheap enough I bought two of them to have a spare. I also have a spare high pressure pump should the main pump fail. I can replace either of them in less than 10 minutes, but I have to crawl under the Van.

These problems aren't that big and are fixable.

I'd invite you to look thru the two websites below. The first contains a link to "my story" about me at graduation setting out to find a start for my career. The second is a portal of handy info to help keep a nomad safe, comfortable, and offer convenient info.

Good luck :)