Newbie incoming!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the Van Living Forum Anthony :)

Once you are in a rig you are no longer homeless....you're house less. (as we say here)

With winter coming on you may choose to find shelter and spend the cooler months looking for a good solid Van, RV, etc that you could begin to set up to be ready for spring. (if you don't already have such) You may find a deal with some "local" RV'ers who don't travel to anything other than the local State or National Parks with the kids/grand kids. As those kids get older and lose interest in camping and the parents decide to sell their rig. (and return to pursuing their own interest since the kids have grown up)

I'd invite you to check out the links below, if you'd like to spend some time viewing them I think it would be worthwhile. The first one is for setting up a simple build rig and the second is for planning a trip before you leave or having resources while out there to make life safer, more comfortable, and convenient.

All the best !

Welcome to the site.
Good luck on your upcoming lifestyle change.
Post pics if you go forward with a van purchase...
Thank you! I already have a van and will be working on getting it fixed (Transmission not shifting correctly) this month. It's just a minivan, but it will do until I can save up for something better.

Welcome to the Van Living Forum Anthony :)

Once you are in a rig you are no longer homeless....you're house less. (as we say here)

With winter coming on you may choose to find shelter and spend the cooler months looking for a good solid Van, RV, etc that you could begin to set up to be ready for spring. (if you don't already have such) You may find a deal with some "local" RV'ers who don't travel to anything other than the local State or National Parks with the kids/grand kids. As those kids get older and lose interest in camping and the parents decide to sell their rig. (and return to pursuing their own interest since the kids have grown up)

I'd invite you to check out the links below, if you'd like to spend some time viewing them I think it would be worthwhile. The first one is for setting up a simple build rig and the second is for planning a trip before you leave or having resources while out there to make life safer, more comfortable, and convenient.

All the best !
Thank you! I've been reading your resources for the past week or so. Good stuff! I also do have a place that I can stay from time to time, so that should hold me through the winter. Once I'm set, I'm going to snowbird it for a while.