Newbie in PNW/looking for mentor

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexis797

Reaction score
Hi All,
I've purchased my minivan and am busy outfitting it. . .aiming to hit the road in March.  I'd love to find a mentor to walk me thru getting started. . .such a steep learning curve (I've watched tons of Bob's videos)!  I've never done anything like this (but wanted to for a long time). . .I alternate between super excited and scared to death!  
I will have my cat with me, which is both a blessing and a cause for concern/anxiety (another learning curve. . .I'll check out the pets section).  I'll be starting from my sticks and bricks home in the Pacific Northwest. . .haven't figured out a route yet.  Are there any nomads out there up the way?  Would love to connect.  I may stick close to home for a while as a kind of trial run.  March is something of a shoulder season, so not sure the best place to be at that time.  Feedback on any of this would be most welcome!

Elizabeth

Welcome Elizabeth to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

highdesertranger

Don’t worry Elizabeth!!! I don’t go up in your area in the summer months but I think you will find tons of rvers headed up your way in a few months. There will still be a few stragglers in Quartzsite during March if you want to head this way.

The best place for the shoulder season that is closest to the Pacific NW will be the California coastal areas.

If you have a smart phone put a weather app on it and subscribe to a number of different locations where you might want to go. That will help you understand the weather patterns and temperatures of the locations that appeal to you.

i lived in a van in portland for years. i'm down in arizona right now, but will possibly be headed north soon. I'm sure lots of people here could help you out, but feel free to reach out if you need anything.

I mentor in how to use various tools for a build. I am in Seattle.