Newbie gal, hitting the road in July

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newdaydue

Reaction score
:shy: Newbie gal 59, getting ready to live as a nomad, gypsy, snowbird.  Leaving in July, does anyone know where Bob Wells tribe is at that time of year. Also wanting to meet other women traveling together.  Still nervous about my new life style, need alittle friendship.

Welcome to the CRVL forums Newdaydue! People scatter in the summer but check the Gatherings section to see if anyone is near you or post in the Women Only Forum to arrange a get-together.

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Hi, Newbie gal. Bob is doing live videos on Sundays. You might enjoy watching the first few. They are interesting (all except the one today, which had too many technical problems to be very useful.) Today's location was overlooking Medford OR. I think he plans to be in the Oregon area much of the summer to be near his Mother. Following those videos may be a good way to learn about the caravans he is planning to facilitate folks getting together. Good Luck as you begin your new van dwelling life. Sounds like you are well set to make the 2018 RTR.

Newdaydue said:
:shy: Newbie gal 59, getting ready to live as a nomad, gypsy, snowbird.  Leaving in July, does anyone know where Bob Wells tribe is at that time of year. Also wanting to meet other women traveling together.  Still nervous about my new life style, need alittle friendship.

Hi there, I always looked up to anyone that made major life style changes for themselfs that went other side the box. It is not an eazy thing to do. The unknown is scary to all of us. You are way ahead of all of us out back here thinking , planning to this. I look forward to joining you guys before this years RTR. You have already helped me with this post. When Im ready, I will do the same thing. Thanks ;)

Turtlelady said:
Hi, Newbie gal. Bob is doing live videos on Sundays. You might enjoy watching the first few. They are interesting (all except the one today, which had too many technical problems to be very useful.) Today's location was overlooking Medford OR. I think he plans to be in the Oregon area much of the summer to be near his Mother. Following those videos may be a good way to learn about the caravans he is planning to facilitate folks getting together. Good Luck as you begin your new van dwelling life. Sounds like you are well set to make the 2018 RTR.

2019 RTR

Turtlelady said:

Ironic. I passed through Medford this morning. In Rufus, OR now. I should have caught up with Bob while I was in the area.

Newdaydue said:
 does anyone know where Bob Wells tribe is at that time of year. Also wanting to meet other women traveling together.  Still nervous about my new life style, need alittle friendship.
This is a bit old, but thought I would comment. I think people have the wrong impression about there being an actual "tribe" of cheapRVers traveling together. From what I've seen, BW mostly travels alone, although people may show up in his camp occasionally. However, he now has (only) 1 or 2 other people with him to help with his videos and new nonprofit corp. 

Besides that, I may be wrong, but I've not seen any evidence of there being any real "tribe", per se. People come together at RTR then scatter to the 4 winds. There are some youtubers who do travel together, but only in small closeknit groups of 3 or 4 specific friends. 

However, BW has mentioned "mentoring groups" a couple of times in his live telecasts, and there may be a couple of those starting up in the fall (soon now). But these are very new and not functional as yet, but stay tuned for announcements from BW.

Hi, there, NDD. I am also at 60 and travel alone. I'm in the process of selling some property and so my travels full-time, this year have been delayed a bit but I do intend to start up, again by the end of the year if not sooner. Maybe posting your intentions in the women's forum might help. Take care out there on the road and have fun. I'll be at RTR for the women's meetup. Cheers.

LivGolden said:
 Maybe posting your intentions in the women's forum might help. 
She's already done that, :), which is why I posted here. If I ever post to the Woman's Only Forum, then cyndi will surely bring Maxwell's Silver Hammer down ... on my head.

Nice to hear from you. I was delayed due to illness, but ready to hit the road and find out why all these folks love snowbird life. I am in Oregon now, Leaving in September

QinReno said:
She's already done that, :), which is why I posted here. If I ever post to the Woman's Only Forum, then cyndi will surely bring Maxwell's Silver Hammer down ... on my head.

lol  :D

Newdaydue said:
Nice to hear from you. I was delayed due to illness, but ready to hit the road and find out why all these folks love snowbird life.  I am in Oregon now, Leaving in September

Love Oregon. Are you planning on NV; AZ and NM for the winter months?

Newdaydue said:
Nice to hear from you. I was delayed due to illness, but ready to hit the road and find out why all these folks love snowbird life.  I am in Oregon now, Leaving in September
Good timing. Assuming coming south, the fires in CA are starting to subside. The Sierra Nevada are now pretty clear of fires and smoke. 

Just a recommendation, visit Shasta, Lassen, and then head down Hwy 395 east of the Sierra. Stop in Death Valley and then Pahrump NV, which has great appeal for many cheapRVers. This route will pass all the really good stuff. There is a lot of boondocking and CGs along 395. In Death Valley, you need reservations to stay in the main Furnace Creek CG, but the others right across the road are first-come: Texas Spring and Sunset. Put these coordinates into the google maps search window: 36.459,-116.860

Thank you everyone. Not sure what route I will take, but want to be in AZ, NV, for winter. And of course WRTR and RTR in January. Want to meet other RTR people. So sick of people who live in stick and brick homes thinking Iam crazy. Not much in common with them. Hope to meet you at WRTR.

Latest posts