New to the forum

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello my friends,
  My name is James. I'm leaving Flagstaff tomorrow(too cold now...in the teens) and heading to Ehrenberg.
Looking forward to the RTR in Quartzite. I'm from the Bay Area and was in Flagstaff for 6 months working at Camping World. Can't wait to meet some like minded Nomads!

Welcome James to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. see you at RTR. highdesertranger

wagoneer said:
What part of the Bay Area? Welcome and see you at the RTR.

That would be the Tri Valley, Livermore to be exact. I left the Bay Area due to high rent and traffic.

tx2sturgis said:
Welcome...I bet you have some cool camping supplies now!

:cool:

Well not really, I refrained from spending my whole paycheck. I was the parts person,  so l had access to vendor catalogs. I could have built a campervan from scratch.

Working for Camping World......bet you’ve got some stories to tell! Hubby & I r heading to Ehrenburg as well....right now outside of Tucson then heading to Salome for a couple of days with final destination being E. after that! Maybe run into u in E. or at RTR! We are newbies- started Oct. of this year......2 peeps with 2 pups....loving it! Safe travels!

Hey Kathi,
  I do have some stories! I definitely know the ins and outs, pros and cons and how to take advantage of the benefits Good Sam has to offer at Camping World. I no longer work for them. I'm full time in my white 94 Ford Econoline ext. I'm looking to get a job as a camp host somewhere, not sure where yet. Hope to see you guys in Ehrenberg. If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask!

James,
Thanks for the offer & sure to take you up on it! Hoping to see you in Ehrenburg as well. We have a 2005 Jayco Greyhawk Class c with a toad on the back- chev. Spark. Charging my solar generator- Inergy Kodiak- with a couple of 130 watt panels today. I was having some trouble using them parallel so checking them out individually b4 I call the manufacturer back. ONE step at a time! Sure to be people looking 4 camphosts at “the big tent.” Safe travels!
See ya on the plateau,
Kathi

I made it to Ehrenberg without any problems, which is always a good! Hanging out at the Flying J, going to sleep here tonight and find camp tomorrow morning. See yall soon!