New to forums and van life

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maggie Flinn

Reaction score
My names Maggie and I am going to start van life in November. I am a 53 year old disabled mother of 4, grandmother of 4 and none of them want me to do this. I just feel like I am dying here in this bedroom. Camping and traveling have been the happiest times of my life. I don't know how much time I have left and am reaching out for some people who are friends of Bill W and/or people I need their 40s and 50s who want to meet up in Arizona this winter. Is there a places not here of people who share their travel plans with the hopes of meeting other nomads?  Thank you for your time.

Hello, and welcome, Maggie!

Several folks in similar circumstances here, spend some time perusing the various sub forums and you'll finds loads of information.

Hi Maggie and welcome. Best of luck to you and not sure if this fits what you're looking for, but under "Matters of the Heart" there are a couple subforums. Also, don't be shy in PM'ing folks. We are all different, so I can't tell you that you'll always get a response back, but most here are pleasant enough. As to Bill and Co., I know him, but decided to go a different route. Best of luck to you and hope all goes great.

Hello Maggie and welcome!

I sure can relate to what you have expressed and share the same dreams wishes and goals so I'm game. PM sent with more info.

Welcome to the CRVL forums Maggie!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

There's a fair number of people on here with blogs, vlogs, and youtube channels. Perhaps we need a sticky with links to those ... Hmmm
Anyways, as you're poking around check out member signatures. Often times people will link to their travel pages.

:) Hello Maggie and Welcome.

There is a ton of information here.  Also some nice and helpful folks too.  I have never had a question of mine go unanswered either.  I've learned a lot here and I'm still learning.

Jewellann

Maggie Flinn said:
I just feel like I am dying here in this bedroom. Camping and traveling have been the happiest times of my life. 
you are not alone in these feelings  :heart:

Welcome aboard !
You have found a great place to get help realizing your dream.

Welcome Maggie.

You sound so friendly.  I'm sure you'll make friends wherever you go.  Good luck!

Welcome to the tribe Maggie! Like you I have spent the last few years just sitting home waiting to die (my kids will think I am nuts for doing this). I figure I can be sick at home or sick out living life...I am choosing to go out and live my remaining years doing what I love most. Camping and seeing the USA.

ColdBrook said:
Welcome to the tribe Maggie! Like you I have spent the last few years just sitting home waiting to die (my kids will think I am nuts for doing this). I figure I can be sick at home or sick out living life...I am choosing to go out and live my remaining years doing what I love most. Camping and seeing the USA.

Yeah, my kids are learning to accept that this is what I’m doing. They don’t need me as much as they have. I do have to leave tomorrow for my daughters north of Seattle for 3 days and then am on the road for the next 3 months. I will need to check in with my doctor then. So I am still tied down to a city but that’s okay. I will be missing my babies and grand babies about then. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk