New mobile/home wireless phone option

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Might switch to this with an android phone with text. Cut my bill by 1/10th. Does the contract include unlimited TEXT?  

That is for a home phone I don't think it will work as a mobile phone. <br /><br />Straight Talk does do pre-pay mobile phones using ATT and maybe Verizon towers and it will do unlimited text and data but there is currently no 4G if that is important&nbsp;to you (streaming videos). Unlimted data plan is about $45 a month.<br /><br />I hope this helps.<br />Jeff

cricket unlimited talk and text---I pay $38/month.<br />I also buy 1 gig of broadband for $30/month. Works fine for e-mail on the road.<br />They also have other more expensive plans.

It looks like a home phone that is based on a cell phone connection. &nbsp;So for $15 you get voice only, apparently no text or data. &nbsp;You can get all three for $45. &nbsp;So it seems like it would make sense to get 1/3 of the service for 1/3 of the price. &nbsp;Don't know if it would work if you put it in your car and drove around though.<br /><br />BTW and FWIW, StraightTalk is owned by Tracphone (as is Net10) which is owned by American Movil which is owned by Mexican&nbsp;billionaire&nbsp;Carlos Slim. &nbsp;The service works though. &nbsp;I have had Net10 for about 5 years now.