Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

traveler451

Reaction score
20180610_135803.jpg
 Hi everyone,
I'm very pleased to be here on The Forum. I have been watching Bob's videos for about a year now. Thanks so much Bob! He has given me so much in terms of both information and courage. I have been talking about living the RV life for many years. But, I never really thought I had the courage to do it. Thanks to Bob and people like you all here, i am starting to see that maybe I do. I have been traveling for about a year now. I traveled last fall in a 15 foot aliner for a while. Then, a friend of mine let me use his boat for 7 months so I lived on that in the Pacific Northwest. I just recently bought a 16 foot scamp and in outfitting it now for my next leg of the journey. I so desire to find Community. I have been doing this alone.   While I enjoy my alone time immensely, I also miss community. I guess I need both to be really happy. I would very much like to meet up with others in what Bob calls the tribe. Perhaps I will find my home there. I look forward to meeting you all. I am not sure that I can make the outing in July in Oregon, but I'm going to try. I am heading toward the Pacific Northwest sometime during the summer and I might be able to make it. Either way, I look forward to meeting you all in the near future. My best to you all.
David

Attachments

• 20180610_135803.jpg
    20180610_135803.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
Welcome David to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

Hello. I was wondering how your car does towing the Scamp you have. Thanks. Maybe we'll see you in Oregon. Peace

highdesertranger said:
Welcome David to the CRVL forums!  To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started.   We look forward to hearing more from you.  highdesertranger

Thanks so much! I really appreciate the welcome!

LathrenJames said:
Hello. I was wondering how your car does towing the Scamp you have. Thanks. Maybe we'll see you in Oregon. Peace

Thanks for the question! This of course is the 16-foot scamp. It weighs in at1500 pounds. I pull it with a Mercury Milan that has a 3.0 v6 all-wheel drive engine. It's rated for 2000 pounds. So, I'm pushing pretty close to the edge and have to make sure that I keep my additional supplies to minimum. I am considering switching tow vehicles soon. It does fine here in the flat land of illinois, but I'm concerned about going across mountain passes. I'm guessing I will pick something like the Toyota 4Runner or a midsize pickup. I will be somewhat more comfortable with Towing the Scamp with a slightly bigger vehicle. But, for now, it does the trick. I hope I am able to get out to Oregon. If I do, look me up!
David

Thanks, David. If we make it to OR, it may be with our 13 ft. Scamp. The weather should be fine...