New member, hi from Kofa NWR (AZ)

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoodleAndSnick

Reaction score
Hi just joined the forums and plan to get to the RTR and WRTR this January (first time). I’ve been watching various YouTube channels for a couple years (thank you Bob et al). 

I’m on the road in my ‘09 Honda Element since April, quite comfortably so far. I’ve been splitting my time between camping, visiting friends/family, and critter sitting. Mostly Ive been in CA, but had a chance to get to AZ for a couple weeks—haven’t been here in over 20 years. At the moment I’m at the Kofa Natl Wildlife Refuge, south of Quartzite. Probably Organ Pipe NP next and then Mojave Natl Mon on the way back to LA. I’m not full-time as I plan to overwinter in a room rental, then hit the road again in March. 

My parents are “at that age” where frequent/extended visits are a huge plus, so I especially appreciate the flexibility and peace of mind that roadlife can offer.

I look forward to meeting some new folks at RTR and beyond (and dogs, I love dogs!) — and to reading up on the forums when I’ve WiFi.

Karen

Welcome Karen to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

Hi Karen, welcome to the forum  :)  I'm also on my way to LA for the winter.

Growing up in LA we would visit the desert every winter. It is great doing so again after all these years.

DLTooley said:
Growing up in LA we would visit the desert every winter. It is great doing so again after all these years.

It will be the first time for me Vandwelling (Truckdwelling) in the Los Angeles area after being on the road for a few months. I might have to boondock  while I'm there <sight>.  I will check the freecampsite.net . Wish me luck.

Latest posts