New journey about to begin!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alichiachia

Reaction score
Hello guys, just joined today!

Ive been a van dweller wannabe for sometime now. now finally getting started!

I've been travelling the world past few years, now moving back to stateside, starting my van life.

I have no experience whatsoever, any help welcome!

Ill be a solo female on the road - any others out there? lets be friends? :D

ill be purchasing a vehicle soon, thinking a high roof cargo? would like a sprinter if i can find an affordable one..
whats a good site to look for one other than craigslist? ill be in PHX, if any of you know of a good vehicle for sale in the area please let me know!

goal timeline:
purchase vehicle - before end of April
finish conversion - before mid June
hit the road - mid June
all lower 48 states - end of october 

looking forward to meeting some of you of the road and doing some epic trips together !

Welcome alichiachia to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

Hi Alichiachia and welcome. Best of luck to you and hope you have a great time.

Hi Ali(?),

CarGurus is the next best thing to CL, I've found. You can pin-point filter for a specific model of van with this website, which CL lacks. If you're looking for high-roof cargo, your only choices are the ProMaster, Transit and the Sprinter.

6 wks is a good timeframe for a van buildout, assuming you're working on it at least 2 full days/wk. The "lower 48 states" goal by Oct doesn't make a lot of sense though ... the whole point of this lifestyle is to go slow, and really experience the places. Especially so in a high-top (safety in cross-winds, and fuel consumption).

Good luck on your search and build out!