New here, but not to the realm.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DESLIDER

Reaction score
Time to check on in I guess.  :angel:

I'm Lee, from the First State. (technically).

I've been a truck driver for twenty years, basically living on the road for the last seven. It dawned on my one day while trolling YT, and wouldn't you know it, Van Dweller videos started showing up on my feed. After a three hour binge, my feet got to itching, that spread to my wallet..... Hate it when that happens.  :s
I never was the home body, often keeping a set of hiking boots, and a mountain bike on the truck at all times, but my (sight-seeing) doesn't get the air it wants, but that will change.  :idea:

I'm currently stashing away what my internet, and phone don't eat. looking to cut most ties, going into the new year. This should be an interesting transition, and I already have a video series in mind, to at bare minimum, document what might be my last huge fail, or long needed victory,lol.  :p

I have a greasy monkey side, which might find some good ideas, I've collected from the trucking industry over the years, basically the challenge of resizing my life into a full size van, and being totally mobile will swallow up a lot of time I'm sure, but thats what brought me here, to mine some ideas I don't have.  :huh:

So my first question to the crowd here, when it comes to full size vans, no badge or breed is mandatory here, what has gotten the dwellers here more milage for less cost? Carb and choke, or fuel injected, totally modern?

I'll leave it there for now, I'll be around.
Lee.  :cool:

Hi Deslider and welcome. Last huge fail or much needed victory, either way, go big. Best of luck to ya!

Welcome to the CRVL forums Lee!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Very similar story to mine.

Living on the road for decades and getting paid for it....you learn a few things. Much of that will transition to the 'un-paid' version.

Welcome!

:cool:

There are a lot of different vehicle choices. Can you make January's RTR? That is a great way to see a lot of vehicles. If you are buying used I'd suggest private party and making your decision based on your review of the specific vehicle and records.

Smaller 'box' trucks and cube vans are a good option. In newer vehicles some folks like the Nissan for its more easily workable engine compartment.