New guy here, box truck conversion starts immediately.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevinLee

Reaction score
Hello and thanks for letting me join. I hope I haven’t put the cart before the horse, but I’m kind of in a crunch to get a new place to live, and where I live housing is outrageously expensive for a working stiff, not to mention that most landlords won’t accept dogs. After thinking about going nomad for years and considering my options, I went out and bought a box truck yesterday. I think I got a good deal, it’s a 1993 with only 130K miles on it. My plan is to convert it and do some stealth camping in my current town for a few years until I can retire. I have a little experience, both with mechanical work and doing van conversations way back when, as well as living in an rv. Rather than get too long winded here, I’ll try to attach a photo of my project and then go find the appropriate forum for my stupid questions.

Attachments

• EAAF9447-3C79-4B19-BCDC-465C1D4640AE.jpeg
    EAAF9447-3C79-4B19-BCDC-465C1D4640AE.jpeg
    59.8 KB
Hi KevinLee and welcome to the forums. That looks like a great vehicle to build out! G'luck on the build out and hope it goes as smoothly as possible.

Welcome KevinLee to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

Latest posts