New Bee

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoMadYesHappy

Reaction score
Howdy!

I'm not mad, I'm happy! .... most of the time, anyway.  I've been waiting for decades to live like a nomad, and I am now preparing to do just that.  Hoping to make the 2018 RTR next January to learn from the veterans. 

I still have LOTS to do!

I am looking forward to meeting new people and launching into whatever is next in my life line.  :)

db
~

Welcome to the CRVL forums NoMadYesHappy!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Step one;
       turn the key.
       and just do it!

Step two;
       park in the desert at least a 1/4 mile or so from another camper.

Step three;
       step outside at 2 am on a clear night and look up.

Jim,

RE: "Step outside at 2AM and look up."

Have I mentioned anywhere yet that I own a Celestron SPC 8" telescope? I am SO looking forward to seeing the stars again! :D

db
~

Welcome to the forum! I am a four day a week van dweller and it has been great for lowering my cost of living! Hoping to move to full time in about three years. Can't wait!

--jg

Joseph_Grey said:
Welcome to the forum!  I am a four day a week van dweller and it has been great for lowering my cost of living!  Hoping to move to full time in about three years.  Can't wait!

--jg

JG,

I feel ya, Bruh!  :)
I'm on a similar timeline and three years just seems like an eternity to me!

:) Hello NMBH and Welcome.

I wish I had learned to weld.  :cool: I hung out/sneaked into Papas shop so many times it's a wonder I can still see.

Jewellann and Queenie = Chubby Chihuahua

Howdy, I just subscribed to your Youtube channel.

I Just pulled the trigger on the nomad life myself after a 5000 mile road trip on my Super Glide.

According to my Youtube channel I am still in Colorado but almost caught up and ready to document my next adventures living the Rubbertramp lifestyle.

Maybe are paths will cross on the pavement between here and there!

Chongolio ...

Hey, thanks for the sub, Bruh! i think you make 2, now. LOL! :)
As many folks that seem to be part of this tribe, it is still a mere smattering compared to the overall US population. In other words, it seems like a small world...I have every expectation that in time I will cross every path, including yours!
Keep your knees in the breeze! :)

NoMadYesHappy said:
RE: "...I wish I had learned to weld. ..."

Jewellann,
A) It ain't all that hard, and.. B) It's never too late to learn!  :)

I think I'm past it on welding.  I've lost a lot of strength in my hands. It's scarey at times.  I used to chain down/secure loads to my 40ft Loadcraft mini float {flatbed trailer} & now at times I need a pair of pliers to open a bottle of pop, a few times that didn't work either. :s
The scarey bits is wondering how munch strength I have left.  I'm not grumbling and I'm not done by a damn sight.  
There is just so much J.B. Weld can be expected to do doncha know ;)  Wonder if I can get a "by the case discount"?
Alabama is weird,  I was shopping and asked for a case price on some beer....so the guy multiplied by 4 the cost of a six pack.  REALLY..........I'm not in Texas anymore.

Jewellann & Queenie

Latest posts