Nevada Health Insurance

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DudeInAVan

Reaction score
I'm considering switching my domicile to Nevada, and wonder if anyone can confirm that the address from the required 30-day RV park stay is indeed acceptable for getting health insurance set up on NV Health Link.

It's just one question, actually. That link -- while a goldmine of useful information -- does not answer it.

No one has asked that question until now. The usual question is about establishing residency for the NV Real ID DL.

People on this forum have discussed domicile other states that may have better sick care assistance plans.

Are you set on choosing Nevada as your domicile?

To get information on the plan, go to the horse's mouth.

https://www.nevadahealthlink.com/frequently-asked-questions/individuals-families/

<<<Quote:
Who can use Nevada Health Link?

Nevada Health Link is here to help any Nevadan looking for health insurance, whether you already have insurance or not. If you already have health insurance, through your employer for example, you aren’t required to enroll through Nevada Health Link but are welcome to explore new plans through the online marketplace if you like.

The only requirement to apply for and purchase insurance on NevadaHealthLink.com is that you are lawfully present in the U.S. and living in the State of Nevada. Filling out an application will not trigger an immigration/ INS investigation. This program’s goal is simply to reduce the cost of health insurance and insure more Nevadans.
Close Quote.>>>

My take: Having a Nevada DL makes you a Nevadan. Lawfully present in the US is another issue.

Good stuff Wayne. I do like your take. I had seen that blurb on NV Health Link, and concluded the same, but it's always best to hear from a real flesh-and-blood nomad who has successfully done the dance. Still hoping someone chimes in, as I want to avoid any surprises when I head up to Pahrump soon to take care of all this. Particularly since health insurance is one of my main reasons for going with NV.

On that note, I'm always open to hearing of better alternatives, but for a state income tax-averse nomad who's in the southwest most if not all of the year, who also wants to work an annual check-up into his annual migration loop, while also mostly being no more than a solid day's drive from non-emergency treatment should the need arise, NV seems like the best option. By all means, correct me if I'm wrong.

DudeInAVan said:
....while also mostly being no more than a solid day's drive from non-emergency treatment should the need arise, NV seems like the best option. By all means, correct me if I'm wrong.
Telehealth available from anywhere and covered by most insurances.

Also some nationwide pharmacy chains have a registered nurse available for in person appointments. I used them and in one hour I had already been seen and received a script for the ailment.
-crofter

https://www.walgreens.com/pharmacy/healthcare-clinic.jsp

Also has a PA available at the Las Vegas location.

Interesting. I've always been generally healthy, and never had much need for doctors aside from the odd minor accident (stitches, etc.), so hadn't ever given much thought to the whole telemedicine thing. Definitely going to have to chew on this some more. Thanks for the insight.