Net Buddy Legit

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerD

Reaction score
Anyone using net buddy?

Their site says ATT unlimited 4G LTE / no throttling for $60 per month.

Anyone confirm?

I will probably just try, but rather have some input before spending around $170 for sim / hotspot and time testing it.

I have no patience and just going to try it.

Paid for sim card, takes 2-4 days for delivery. 

Will buy a hotspot by Monday, as I have a question I'm waiting on net buddy to answer.

Will report back how well it works.

check the terms of service closely depending on your usage.. I'm currently running with page plus unlimited, but in the TOS is specifically prohibits tethering/hospot Or.. they are free to terminate anytime they feel you have abnormal usage, so if your looking to run it with a computer/laptop, you could get issues :)

Net Buddy is specifically a hotspot or cellular router product...so using it as a hotspot or with your computer is part of the product.

Ive been watching this there people playing pc multiplayer games with the netbuddy with really good results .
 I hope this pans out

I posted this same reply somewhere else on here.
Get the $55 / month service through Straight Talk which uses Verizon's network. Starting at this price point it is absolutely unlimited 4G LTE with no throttling. Some of the Android phones that Walmart sells (maybe all, I'm sure about that) do not allow tethering (hot spot) functionality. So to circumvent this issue you download PDA Net+ from the app store onto the phone and get the client app for your PC, Laptop or tablet. Once setup you can tether your devices either via WiFi or USB cable to the phone and use it as a hot spot. Many similar apps you have to do hacks on the phone in order to accomplish this but with PDA Net+ you do not, but you do have to place your phone into developer mode which is prompted when you start the app and explains how to do it. It's very straight forward and does not cause issues. Now, the app does limit your usage but all you do is restart the phone side app and away you go again, I think I used it for about 3 hours before having to restart the app on the phone. If you pay the $7.99 fee it will unlock the app for unlimited run time. I've had good success with this method and avoided the need to spend more $$s on another expensive hot spot device and incur more monthly fees. Just note though, if you are somewhere with a weak cell signal you will still have to get a booster, there is no getting around this for any phone no matter who the provider is. All I'm saying is that you can get inexpensive internet across all your devices using the PDA Net+ app. Hope this helps.

Straight Talk rules say no hotspot tethering.

I use their service and I won't break their rules.

My dear mother taught me better...

How much do these slightly legal apps spy on your personal data?

In our observance of the NetBuddy plans - they are so far working for those who have them. There are many reports on YouTube as well.

But as with any reseller, it's question of how legit the plans are behind the scenes.

We've not seen any definitive evidence as to what the plan is (ie. iPad prepaid plan, stockpiled Unlimited Plus or Connected Car plan, corporate lines) and if they have an official agreement with AT&T to be reselling.

As with any reseller.. go in with eyes open and enjoy it while it lasts.

Land-Pilot said:
Get the $55 / month service through Straight Talk which uses Verizon's network. Starting at this price point it is absolutely unlimited 4G LTE with no throttling. Some of the Android phones that Walmart sells (maybe all, I'm sure about that) do not allow tethering (hot spot) functionality. So to circumvent this issue you download PDA Net+ from the app store onto the phone and get the client app for your PC, Laptop or tablet. Once setup you can tether your devices either via WiFi or USB cable to the phone and use it as a hot spot. Many similar apps you have to do hacks on the phone in order to accomplish this but with PDA Net+ you do not, but you do have to place your phone into developer mode which is prompted when you start the app and explains how to do it. It's very straight forward and does not cause issues. Now, the app does limit your usage but all you do is restart the phone side app and away you go again, I think I used it for about 3 hours before having to restart the app on the phone. If you pay the $7.99 fee it will unlock the app for unlimited run time. I've had good success with this method and avoided the need to spend more $$s on another expensive hot spot device and incur more monthly fees. Just note though, if you are somewhere with a weak cell signal you will still have to get a booster, there is no getting around this for any phone no matter who the provider is. All I'm saying is that you can get inexpensive internet across all your devices using the PDA Net+ app. Hope this helps.

That's what I have now.

Straight Talk (actually TracFone) unlimited 4g LTE (Verizon)
LG Stylo 3 phone (can be used as a hotspot)

I'm not so sure it is really unlimited. If you read the fine print, they say...

At 60 GB, we reserve the right to review your account for usage in violation of Straight Talk's terms and conditions. 

60 GB is more than enough for what I do excluding watching movies.

That's what I'm getting net buddy for ... watching movies.

Net Buddy unlimited sim card ($60 + $7 ship) and Netgear Unite Explore 815S AT&T hotspot ($112 / Amazon) are both supposed to be delivered Friday (Aug 10).

Have auto payment set up with PayPal.

Customer service is crap through their website. You have to use their Facebook page / message them and then they respond quickly.

See how it goes.

Received hotspot and sim chip.

Put the chip in the hotspot and everything worked fine.

Connected to the hotspot from my computer no problem.

Did a couple of speed tests. 17-19 down and 5-7 up.

I'm only getting 2 bars, but I'm in a workshop.

Will report back how it goes.

Any one having any luck with this any throttling ?
Il be in a area soon where I can get the service for it .

If some one can give us some info would be deeply appreciated

Land-Pilot said:
Get the $55 / month service through Straight Talk which uses Verizon's network. Starting at this price point it is absolutely unlimited 4G LTE with no throttling. Some of the Android phones that Walmart sells (maybe all, I'm sure about that) do not allow tethering (hot spot) functionality. So to circumvent this issue you download PDA Net+ from the app store 
Is PDA Net+ an Android-only app or is there an iPhone version?

OGGWild said:
Is PDA Net+ an Android-only app or is there an iPhone version?

OK. I just finished my first online class in "jailbreaking". Sounds dangerous unless you know where to get the clean version of the app that must be installed via a jailbreak.

I feel like a dog chasing it's tail. As soon as I get up to speed about a particular nuance of a budget-friendly data plan, the game changes. By the time I find out how to be a safe jailbreaker (if there is such a thing), Straight Talk or Visible will have figured out how to render PDA Net+ useless.

I also have straight talk unlimited. If you read the fine print it says...

At 60 GB, we reserve the right to review your account for usage in violation of Straight Talk's terms and conditions.

So it doesn't sound like it is truly unlimited.

I got the LG Stylo 3 (Walmart) and it has tethering (hotspot) function.

Does the hotspot function on the phone actually work with Straight Talk or is it disabled? Below is a line from the Straight Talk Ultimate Unlimited ($55/mo) plan page on Walmart.com ...

... "This Straight Talk plan gives almost any smart phone access to high-speed 4G LTE data, but cannot be used for personal hotspots."

I'm only a 50GB per month user, so it would still work for me as long as I can use it as a hotspot.

I have the LG Stylo 3 from Walmart and the hotspot function is enabled.

It works without a problem and mainly what I use the phone for.

Straight talk also sells hotspots. I think they may mean that the plan won't work with the hotspots they sell.

RogerD said:
I have the LG Stylo 3 from Walmart and the hotspot function is enabled.

It works without a problem and mainly what I use the phone for.

Straight talk also sells hotspots. I think they may mean that the plan won't work with the hotspots they sell.

The hot spot works on the straighttalk phone? It hasn't on any of the phones I tried.

becida said:
The hot spot works on the straighttalk phone? It hasn't on any of the phones I tried.

Yes, hotspot works.

It a Straight Talk LG Stylo 3 from Walmart. It was $129.

See the screenshot I just took of it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-08-14-10-58-05.png
    Screenshot_2018-08-14-10-58-05.png
    78.7 KB · Views: 35