Nellie Brown, (the BT Cruiser)

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KathyJO

Reaction score
Well, I found a deal I couldn't refuse and put the cart before the horse, which is basically how I roll.  I bought a 2003 Gulf Stream BT Cruiser, who I've named Nellie Brown (after my Irish great-grandmother).  Oh, I have so many dreams.. mostly to retire and get started with my new life as a full time rv'er.  But, for the cruiser, I'm going to start by painting the walls, cabinets and doors, converting the dinette into a full time night/day bed.  Basically, making it mine.  For the time being (one year, seven months, one week, three days etc.), I still have to work.  I'm not sure if I'm going to start renting out my house now or wait till I get closer.  Nellie is kind of small inside (duh) and I worry about being rushed getting ready for work.  But, who knows. I'm going to take some mini trips in it over the next few months and then decide if I think I can handle it.  

I've been looking around the internet for information or forums on the BT Cruiser, haven't found much with the exception of Justin Credible TV and I just found out that Campervan Kevin has one, too.  

Anyway, just wanted to say hi again and let you all know I am moving forward.   I can't wait to see you all some day.. shooting for the 2019 RTR.

Congrats on your find! How exciting. You will have to show us pictures.

Congratulations, and welcome to the forum.

I would use it as is for a short while. If you modify it to "make it your own", and you decide you want something different, Selling it may be harder if it is not in popular decor.

Congrats on your new purchase.  I think the anticipation is every bit as fun as the rest.   Good Luck with the modifications.   We Irish should dance around ol Nellie Brown!

DannyB1954 said:
Congratulations, and welcome to the forum.

I would use it as is for a short while. If you modify it to "make it your own", and you decide you want something different, Selling it may be harder if it is not in popular decor.

Thanks Danny, I thought about that, too.  So, I'm going to paint the cabinets a linen white and the walls in a gray.  The upholstery is already blue, gray, tan and off white.  The captain chairs are gray, carpet is gray.  Also, the swish on the outside of the coach is blue with tan.   So I think this palette is a safe bet.  I still might reupholster, but I'll keep it in the same main colors.