Need RV Park that will let me work on my van

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unckybob

Reaction score
I need to install a new cylinder head on my van.<br /><br />I need to find a cheap RV Park or private party that is cool and that will let me work on my van on their property. Somewhere in or near a city where I can get parts would be good too. If they are not too far (walking distance) from a parts store that would be very cool too.<br /><br />If there was a machine shop in town where they rebuild heads, that would be really handy.<br /><br />Right now I'm in Flagstaff, but I think I could limp along to where ever I need to get to in Arizona, preferably South because it's getting cold here.

bob you need i guess is to find a machine shop in a rural area.&nbsp; you said you need a new head do you mean a valve job, welding or machine work.&nbsp; i do not know around flagstaff, but if you could get to an agriculture area find a machine shop and explain your problem they will point you in the right direction.&nbsp; i know this from experance(sp).&nbsp; highdesertranger

i tried to edit this post but it would not let me.&nbsp; i was going to add.&nbsp; you gotta love rural america farmers, ranchers, miners, and loggers rule.&nbsp; sorry greenies but that is the way it is.&nbsp; highdesertranger

Hey Bob... Sorry to here about your van. Cottonwood has some machine shops (according to Mr. Google) and&nbsp;definitely&nbsp;warmer weather. Its only qbout 70 miles down the 17, there is free&nbsp;camping&nbsp;there for two weeks not sure how long&nbsp;it'll&nbsp;take you? Walmarts about 3-4 miles away dont know where the machine shops are, but there is usually some good helpful people at that camping spot. Hope this helps.

It turns out that my problems were caused by something unrelated. The spark plug wires were out of order.&nbsp; I changed them and now I seem to have more power.<br /><br />Highdesertranger you are right about rural areas and farm areas. I have had luck in those kinds of areas before.<br /><br />HoboBerg thanks for letting me know about Cottonwood. If this ever happens to me in the future it will be nice to have that as an option.<br /><br />I found a place in Phoenix that does custom cylinder head rebuilding:<br /><br />PB Machine Shop<br />9625 N Cave Creek Rd.<br />Phoenix, AZ<br />602-997-2445<br /><br />This guy will look at your head and fix only what needs to be fixed. He starts at $125 and he has good reviews on google. Harbor Freight is not far away and there are several RV Parks nearby.<br /><br />Thanks for all the help.

glad to hear your back up bob.&nbsp; i have always found people in rural areas were great people, get to know them.&nbsp; they have helped me more than a few times.&nbsp; i try to respond in kind. karma. highdesertranger