Need opinions on this one please

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thunder Dan

Reaction score
I have talked to the owner on this one and have worked out a very good price, the only thing I'm worried about is that damage on the back left. I see a little bit of rust on it there. I think it might be OK, it might be localized to just that one little spot. But I wanted to get second opinions. I'm going to look at it closer this afternoon.

http://littlerock.craigslist.org/cto/5509903110.html

You said you talked to him so maybe you covered it but the first thing I notice is no mileage listed. It always sets me off when sellers don't list that, it's possibly the most important detail. The damage in back left looks okay.

TMG51 said:
You said you talked to him so maybe you covered it but the first thing I notice is no mileage listed. It always sets me off when sellers don't list that, it's possibly the most important detail. The damage in back left looks okay.

Oh yeah I got the mileage, 143,000. The price we agreed on is significantly lower than what is listed on the ad.

those flares could be plastic or whatnot and that what looks damaged so should be nothing to worry about,looks like something you could get in to the outback and sleep in,if its a 5.3 that would be nice

Things I would want to know is how many owners if known and for sure, how long the current owner has owned the vehicle. This may be an "odd" observation but, has it been painted? I just haven't seen any that color before. I know you are aware, but those really like to gasoline!

When I was shopping last year, I used this site just to give me some ideas about what to pay attention to: http://www.carcomplaints.com/Chevrolet/Suburban/2006/

If I am telling you the obvious, which I probably am, just ignore me. I just would always rather mention something that someone might have missed since I really always appreciate any input I can get.

Snow Gypsy said:
Things I would want to know is how many owners if known and for sure, how long the current owner has owned the vehicle.  This may be an "odd" observation but, has it been painted?  I just haven't seen any that color before.  I know you are aware, but those really like to gasoline!  

When I was shopping last year, I used this site just to give me some ideas about what to pay attention to:  http://www.carcomplaints.com/Chevrolet/Suburban/2006/

If I am telling you the obvious, which I probably am, just ignore me.  I just would always rather mention something that someone might have missed since I really always appreciate any input I can get.

I think I have seen that color before, can't say for sure though. I will definitely have to adjust my gas budget if I get it. Thank you :)

there is no way that is the original rear bumper. the old bumper is what made the dent, so really check out the frame where the bumper mounts. also check out the alignment of the bumper, make sure it's the same side to side. also make sure the bumper brackets have not been modified to get the bumper to sit right. any of the above will mean frame damage. I didn't see the rust in those pics check out the rust thoroughly, remember rust never sleeps and usually what you can see is the tip of the ice berg. highdesertranger

highdesertranger said:
there is no way that is the original rear bumper.  the old bumper is what made the dent,  so really check out the frame where the bumper mounts.  also check out the alignment of the bumper,  make sure it's the same side to side.  also make sure the bumper brackets have not been modified to get the bumper to sit right.   any of the above will mean frame damage.  I didn't see the rust in those pics check out the rust thoroughly,  remember rust never sleeps and usually what you can see is the tip of the ice berg.  highdesertranger

Yeah there was a gap between the bumper and the body, and there was more rust down there in the corner. And the check engine light was on. I did not buy it. I have one lined up to check out tomorrow, though. Fingers crossed.