Need Advice: 2004 Chevrolet Express Passenger 3500 3dr Passenger Van

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmcc

Reaction score
Thinking about getting this 2004 Chevrolet Express but have a few questions:
what kind of maintenance should i be worried about with an older van like this?
any reviews of this van?
is there any resale market for a nicely converted van?

Bob's a fan of the chevy and you'll find a few videos like this on the subject!

In the pictures it looks like there's barn doors on both sides of the van... passenger and driver sides? Is that true or are the pictures just backward?

In much reading on the subject, I have found that there is not much resale value in vans that are already converted. Most folks like things their own way... A good floor, insulation and walls should help sell, but all the extras will probably be torn out... in fact, if I bought a converted van, I'd probably tear everything out... so it's not worth it to me. I wanna know what the floor under the plywood looks like, know what I mean?

AbuelaLoca said:
Bob's a fan of the chevy and you'll find a few videos like this on the subject!

In the pictures it looks like there's barn doors on both sides of the van... passenger and driver sides? Is that true or are the pictures just backward?

In much reading on the subject, I have found that there is not much resale value in vans that are already converted. Most folks like things their own way... A good floor, insulation and walls should help sell, but all the extras will probably be torn out... in fact, if I bought a converted van, I'd probably tear everything out... so it's not worth it to me. I wanna know what the floor under the plywood looks like, know what I mean?

it does have barn doors on both sides, I can't decide if that's a bonus or not.

ill check out bobs video thanks

My guess is that in order to get everything you'd need to live in the van you'd have to block one set of doors. If you're just looking to camp in it, though, it could be very nice to have both sets of doors open and a nice breeze flowing through!