If I need to be TOWED to a mechanic?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I carry State Farm insurance AND AAA roadside. I know I am probably paying more than I need to, but since I have rarely needed such help, that's hard to quantify. Up to now, the impact has not been enough to change what I'm doing.

Regarding political positions and who to do business with? I would guess about half of us would pick different sides about that. For example, AARP seems to be concerned about the same things I care about, so I'll keep my card and associated benefits. I have found I disagree with some of Musk's recent actions, but Starlink is looking better to me all the time. I doubt I'll make that decision based on his politics oven my personal convenience. Especially since what I do would not even be a blip on his radar screen.

I missed needing a tow by very little… I was trying to fly home 1200 miles and spent most of the last 24 hours in areas that a tow would be big bucks. I even stopped at Devils Tower this morning.
Then after filing up in Belle Fourche SD I get about three blocks and my serpentine belt burns up. Yep, another waterpump pulley adventure. The belt was so hot it had melted to various pulleys. But I lucked out too that there was a campgrounds quarter mile away with 30 amp service for 30 bucks a night. I’ll be here til Wednesday! Those pulleys are hard to come by…

I just lost my serpentine belt last week. It started to come apart and was slapping other things in the engine compartment and making a ehll of a racket. Mechanic said I got it into his shop in the nick of time.