neatly folding and storing clothes

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clair de Lune

Reaction score
One more question,

I watched a video of a woman who kept all of her clothes in small, zipped bags. She said that she had learned from another van dweller how to fold and store her clothes in a way that they didn't get wrinkled. Does anyone have any suggestions or know where to learn this secret? Thanks.

Clair de Lune

Clair, do a search for 'storage' here in the forums, and you will find a lot of information. This subject has been beaten to death around here.
There are LOTS of ways to store your stuff, including the ways you currently use at home.

I roll my clothes which minimizes wrinkles and space. I keep my clothes in stacked bins so there is no pressure on the clothes. I have utilitarian type clothing that does not show wrinkles. I also have some hooks in the van for things I want to be hung. Hope that helps  ~crofter

My dad was in the army road is closed ever cents and told us all to do it too. I’m talking underwear and T-shirts etc. I still do that stack them in a little cubby and as long as they’re clean I don’t care if there’s a few wrinkles in them. Pants and shirts I have a hanging closet for them. There’s another thread that similar and then I just talked about how I don’t worry too much about wrinkles in a few where in tear items as long as I’m clean. In fact I just like spending time with people to whom it makes a difference.

I used to be so obsessive about wrinkles in clothing. I ironed clothes almost every, day before work. Nowadays I don't iron, I just make sure I take hangers to the laundry room and get my shirts in them before they sit on top of each other in a heap in the dryer. If you get to them fast enough, and don't crowd them against each other in the closet, the ironing isn't needed except for certain woven fabrics (I try to avoid them when buying clothes). Of course camping in a tent or my car, I've just had to forgive myself for wearing things from out of duffle bags (I'm very picky about folding and packing, but there is no folding technique for shirts that will prevent certain types of wrinkles).

One of the must-have things I put into my van design plans, is a hanger closet. It will be very tiny, but big enough for maybe 6 items when not squished together (or a lot of items squished together to get wrinkles).