Hello and keeping clothes neat and presentable

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clair de Lune

Reaction score
Hi, girls,
I've already posted some things in the Newcomer's corner, but I wanted to touch base with all of you. I am so very excited that there are a lot of women out there on their own, remaining independent but finding friendship and community. 

I have a specific question which some of you may be able to help me with.

I watched a video of a woman who kept all of her clothes in small, zipped bags. She said that she had learned from another van dweller how to fold and store her clothes in a way that they didn't get wrinkled. Does anyone have any suggestions or know where to learn this secret? Thanks.

Clair de Lune

Your clothes are unlikely to stay presentable when out boondock camping unless you do'nt venture outside.  if you are coming to Quartzsite buy a khaki colored wardrobe because anything you brush up against eill be coveted in that color of dust. Your shoes will absolutely get covered in dust everytime you walk outside.

But people are not going to judge you as a slob if you have traveler's wrinkles in your clothes. The bigger issue is how you will trat yourself about such things. Some people just can't tolerate what happens to clothes, hair, etc when camping. They will never be "happy campers".