My Path to (No)Madness!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pulling out all the paneling and trim, installing insulation, then replacing all the paneling and trim is a fairly big job for one person....I'm sure that having 2 people there to do it, is a lot faster.

... and, it's my dad, which makes it doubly special. I'm getting lumber from his stores that came from places like his first cabin up here, and I brought a stick of purple heart wood that he bought for me when I was a kid ... all going somewhere into the build. It's good to feel like I am making some progress! :)

Thanks for stopping by, ts2sturgis! :)

How's your build coming?

L8R ...

NoMadYesHappy said:
I'm getting lumber from his stores that came from places like his first cabin up here, and I brought a stick of purple heart wood that he bought for me when I was a kid ... all going somewhere into the build.  It's good to feel like I am making some progress!  :)

{snip}

How's your build coming?

Cool!

Oh I can outfit a rig in a couple weeks or less, but my standards are: keep it simple and cheap, so it goes fast. In fact I've been camping in it for the last week or so. 

It's the OTHER crap in my life...I can't seem to make progress there at all. 

:dodgy:

tx2sturgis said:
my standards are: keep it simple and cheap, ...

My standards are, "I have no clue what I am doing and if I think about it long enough, I may keep from shooting myself in the foot!"  :)

From yesterday ...
#0046: "Sunshine, Spring & Progress" - 2018 March 28, Wednesday

1 minute and 32 seconds ... musical slide show of current progress on the build.  :)

NoMadYesHappy said:
I'll try to get still photos up as soon as I can ... :)

Here's one.  I'll try to get more later.  :)
40212508135_5d7c0e18d2_z.jpg

Riverman said:
What type of insulation is that and the thickness?  Thanks

Hey, Riverman ...
It's Polyiso foam board, 1" thick [the same size as the steel posts in my trailer] and has an R value of 6 ... 'bout $20 per 4 X 8 sheet at Home Depot.
You're welcome!  :)

Today's build update video ...
#0048: "Joints Are Legal Here" - 2018 March 30, Friday

A smidgen less than 4 minutes.
I'll try to get some stills up before I shut my eyes ... :)

Set the batteries into where they will ultimately be located.
Going to build some wooden brackets to keep space between them and 
keep them from sliding around during travel ...
26254382667_91668f7557_z.jpg

Other resolutions and photos can be found here:

Not just prevented from sliding in normal driving, but secured robustly enough to prevent them becoming deadly airborn missiles in the event of a major collision at highway speeds.

NoMadYesHappy said:
Today's build update video ...
#0048: "Joints Are Legal Here" - 2018 March 30, Friday

A smidgen less than 4 minutes.
I'll try to get some stills up before I shut my eyes ... :)

A still shot from today ...
40230929675_95b5908c1b_z.jpg