My new life and begining

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willy1593

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My journey has begun!. This weekend i picked up my new home! The  cooling system has problems and that is why I was able to pick this beauty up for only $500.00. Of course as I took it apart the  thermostat bolt was stripped! Now I have to take the water pump out to have access to the bolt that is stripped! I went to take out the bench seats in the back and all the bots are rusted and they won't come apart! Lol Well I appreciate the challenge of turning this van into my new home. Tomorrow is a new day.
image.gif

Attachments

• 052216.jpg
    052216.jpg
    931.1 KB
what year and engine? doesnt look rusty,whats it look like underneath? good deal either way

Cool! You've got your work cut out for you!!

Looks good underneath not to rusty. The way I look at it ai will know this new home of mine from the inside out!

Rusted bolts? stripped threads? Welcome to the joys of owning a Dodge.. :-D

Looks good tho... Gonna watch this one.

The thermostat location on the 5.2 and 5.9 is horrible. You'll likely find that you'll have to remove the entire accessory drive bracket to access it - this includes removing the serpentine belt, the alternator, the air conditioning compressor and then finally the bracket. That's what I had to do anyways - and in the end had to replace the whole radiator as it was completely plugged off and no amount of flushing was helping

hope you like windows. looks like a shuttle vehicle of some sort. you will get to know it well. good thing it was only 500.oo. i'da probably bought it too.