My FTC Conversion is Done

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rhonda said:
Looks "Pretty In Pink"!  I hope when I'm finished with interior set up my comfort will be so nice!

If you feel peaceful and happy in it, it will be perfect!  Would love to see pictures of yours when it is finished.  Good luck!

Cammalu said:
Every time someone posts here that pretty pink photo comes up and I ohhhhhhh all over again!

Awwww!  That makes my heart sing!  I do love my little van!  Thank you!

Beautiful job, can't wait to start a van build of my own[emoji16]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Judladybug1234 said:
Beautiful job, can't wait to start a van build of my own[emoji16]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

thank you!  It is hard work and frustrating, but also so satisfying!  You will be so proud of what you have created!

I just got back from a 3 day camping trip.  I love the little van more every time I spend time in it!

You hit on my must have, the ability to bring in shore power without bringing a cord in through a window. Feeding through the floor behind the driver's seat is a nice easy solution.

Really like your ventilation system. A roof fan is great. I thought about a floor vent but didn't know how practical it would be. Sounds like it works well.

gchristi1 said:
You hit on my must have, the ability to bring in shore power without bringing a cord in through a window. Feeding through the floor behind the driver's seat is a nice easy solution.

Really like your ventilation system. A roof fan is great. I thought about a floor vent but didn't know how practical it would be. Sounds like it works well.

That was the only way I could come up with for an electric cord without cutting a hole in the side of the van.  The lavatory drain makes it look good and easy to seal when I'm driving.

And I figured if the deck plate was safe to use on a boat deck, it would also be safe on the van floor.  So far I am thrilled with both solutions.  I don't think I could sleep in the van without that extra ventilation.

Glad you could use the ideas.  :)

Looks very comfortable !! LOVE the pink ! Good job !!!!
What kind of bed frame is it ??

Gypsy108 said:
Looks very comfortable !!   LOVE the pink !  Good job !!!!
What kind of bed frame is it ??

Thank you, Gypsy!

In my Aliner I built twin beds on a plywood platform.  In the Casita I enlarged the dinette bed using a plywood platform.  In both cases, the bed was too hard, and also difficult to sit comfortably on.

For the van, I bought a $69.00 Coleman cot and put a 5" memory foam mattress on it.  It is so comfortable!  And because the cot has springs with a little give to it, I can sit on it comfortably with pillows behind my back.  Then I can prop my feet up on the cutting board on top of the refrigerator.  It's the first camper I have been able to sit comfortably in.

I bolted 3" riser legs to the cot so my Porta pot would fit under it.