My Dad died this morning

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VanTrekker

Reaction score
Hi Friends,

Glen Harris, my dad, died this morning just a few hours ago. He was in a nursing home and despite them giving him oxygen, he was too weak to breathe it in. His wishes were to pass naturally. Dad was fortunate enough to depart in his sleep.

Part of me wishes I could have said good-bye but it happened at 2 AM. I had lots of days with him recently and I'm glad he was able to go in comfort and with dignity.

It's tough watching a loved one go downhill. Dad is resting peacefully now at least. I'll miss him a lot!

Brad

A life passes on, he had you as a devoted loving son and there is only so much you can do. I hope I will go in my sleep with dignity as well when my time comes.

Attachments

• Little Yellow Bird (Small).jpg
    Little Yellow Bird (Small).jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 3
Brad,
Sorry for your loss. I know you and your Dad were close. Take solace from the care you were able to give him while he was at home. I lost my Mom and Dad a number of years ago, and they still visit me in my dreams (about only the good times). They are smiling, healthy, and happy.

Regards,
Bob

Sorry for your loss Brad:(......I had recently lost my mom back in sept. We all know this is cold reality of life , but it is still hard to cope with !
Take care !
Randy

I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you can find solace in your dad passing peacefully and the memories you made with him.

I'm so sorry Brad. The memories that you made with your dad will always be yours to treasure especially those from the last few years where you were able to help him enjoy the little things.

Brad, death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a mamory no one can steal. My condolences, Michael

I am very sorry for your loss, hard to lose a parent. I wish you well.

Brad,
sorry for your loss
it sounds like you had a great relationship with your dad....nothing can beat that.
I had my ups and downs with my dad, we had only ups the last few years of his life..........it's been many years now and very few days have passed that I have not thought of him........and though I still miss him from time to time it does get easier.

Brad;

Sorry for your loss, the process of dying can get so complicated, I'm glad your Dad made it out gently in his sleep. I mean absolutely no disrespect, I hope Glen Harris isn't resting but has a new adventure.

Hugs,

Oh Brad, I am so sorry for your lost....I know those words are so inadequate right now. But take comfort in knowing you got to see him towards the last of his life. I missed that with my father due to circumstances beyond my control.

I too am sorry to hear of your loss.

My father an I did not get along when I was young. We approached life from the complete opposite ends of the spectrum, and there was just no bridging the gap.
He later had a massive heart attack, and we thought we'd lost him. But he cam out of his coma after a few days, and during the last 3 years of his life, he and I connected on a level we could never reach before...and I wouldn't trade that for anything in this world!!

I'm glad to hear that you guys were so close...as you'll have lots of good memories to bank on. That stuff is irreplaceable.

You have my condolences.

Brad, I'm so sorry for your loss. Peace be upon your father. What is remembered, lives.

I'm very sorry, Brad. It's always hard to lose a loved one---even when we know it's a blessing for them to 'shuffle off this mortal coil'. It leaves a hole in our heart but also memories.

Brad, I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad's passing. You should take comfort that he is no longer suffering and is at peace. I know what you are going through.

Two weeks ago my 78 year old Mom passed away from complications of Stage 4 colon cancer. Her funeral was last Thursday. It was very difficult on all the kids here in Vegas. Losing a parent is never easy.

Again, Brad you and your family are in my thoughts & prayers. God Bless You.

My condolences, i could tell from your blog you both really loved each other.