**** Lifestyle

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moderation of all things is not always correct ever. Who are we kidding here :)

Hey everyone can eat what they want but to ignore true science proven studies, facts and more is just being stubborn in some ways. Like facts from science doesn't apply to all for the physical body? It does. Different levels of effect, sure. I get that. No 2 are always the same in most things in life but some facts do apply to the human body for everyone...that won't ever change. Just because one can get away with certain nutritional situations means just that, they are getting away with it til their body decides to flip the switch and not allow it, hence med. troubles and more. Is it always nutrition, nope. Everything and all are out to get us physically, LOL, but stacking the deck in healthier eating is a good start for many for more years of living healthy vs. years of troubles.

Everyone has to choose their poison out there in life. Choose it and go forward is all we can do.

"science proven facts".

That's the point BMS was making. These things flip flop back and forth all the time. Too many variables.

now-a-days science has a problem with putting out information as fact, when it has never been proven. they also have a big problem with misrepresentation of data. highdesertranger

How many times have they flip-flopped on coffee? Any bad for you, some good for you? I drink about 12 cups (as measured by the coffee pot) each morning and have for decades. I am not on any prescription meds.

B and C said:
How many times have they flip-flopped on coffee?  Any bad for you, some good for you?  I drink about 12 cups (as measured by the coffee pot) each morning and have for decades.  I am not on any prescription meds.
Officially coffee is recommended for those doing **** diet.

Personally, I cannot drink coffee anymore, and instead drink green tea with matcha and cinnamon for extra metabolism help. The coffee gives me chest pain and the tea does not, and surprise, turned out to be Dr's orders eventually. Everyone on here should do what is best for themselves personally.    ~crofter

Firtree said:
Which brand/model analyzer did you get? Doesn’t seem to be a lot of reviews on ones I looked at.

Sorry for the long delay in response.  I didn't notice your question at first, I guess, and made a reply without seeing it.  Just came back to read the thread again for the first time in a while.  

Anyway, I got this ketone breath monitor last June.  I like it and found it very responsive and reliable.  It does seem to reflect small changes in my diet very well.  And after using it so much, the battery is still doing fine.  Automatic shut-off does the trick.

I got it on Amazon at:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RXSMS73/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

badmotorscooter said:
I'm certainly no expert on ****.  But I believe the human body was designed
to burn energy both from carbs and fat.  Yes, ketogenesis is good, but carbs have their purpose too. 

Processed sugar, high fructose syrup and table salt should all be avoided.

Yes, some brain functions, red blood cells need glucose, but your body can create all the glucose it needs from protein and even fat (the glycerol backbone of free fatty acids).   There is absolutely no requirement to ingest carbohydrates.

True. But those carbohydrates in fruits and vegetables contain a lot of nutrients humans need.

I think that's why we can (and should) metabolize both ways...

Don't forget magnesium supplementation. It is virtually impossible to get enough mag in any type of diet. Vital brand makes "Triple mag" which I personally use.  -crofter

https://****-mojo.com/article/best-types-of-magnesium-for-****-diet/

@badmotorscooter
I ate my steak and veg again today and yum. If you need more fats you can create awesome dressing with organic oils and balsamic vinegar. Double yum. Then coconut butter for dessert. I was making fat bombs, but so tasty right off the spoon. -crofter

Taking care of an elderly lady as a live-in guardian for the past five months. Moved on. She insisted on shared meals, and could not eat anything I was not eating, and insisted she should eat whatever she wanted. If she loved potatoes, well then I must eat potatoes. And good God she loved potatoes. I gained almost 50 pounds in five months. Freakish? Yeah but entirely expected.

She let me go a couple weeks ago. Even chowing down on the leftover starches and such I bought for her pleasure and reclaimed for myself now that I'm no longer with her, trying to get them all down my gullet so as to save money in uncertain times and let the devil take the hindmost, I dropped 12 pounds in two weeks.

I don't wanna eat that crap anymore. I don't have to. Within limits. I can eat when I'm hungry and at no other time, and what I like (despite gorging through the pre-bought starchy garbage).

It took me seven months to drop down to where I wanted to be, before. Intermittent fasting but more than that, ****, will get me back there and has already begun, big time. I am SOOOOOO happy to be back to normalcy, my new(old) **** normal at last. My body is going through a weird adjustment period, as one might expect, but I am sticking it out and looking forward to the weird roller coaster ride of it calming down. Truth is, most days I feel better than I have in half a year, when I began the long slide down.

Now I'm beginning the long freedom. From lack of energy, focus, concentration. Having to conform to anyone's wishes or bullying. Just doing what the animal was meant to do -- eat when you're hungry, not when you're not. Eat the foods that appeal and work for you. Just be a normal human.

12 pounds in two weeks. I did 50 pounds in 7 months just last year. Happily to start and happy at the end. The **** stuff works, my friends, admirably. It can be hard to kick-start without intermittent fasting to get the ball rolling. Dr. Jason Fung's book helped me get my own discipline and understanding going. I'm shooting for 185 of lean muscle, or 195 of better muscle, less fat. I'm at 212 now. I was a terrifically unappealing skinny at 175 at my black belt weight at 21 and 6' 1/2". I would have said wish me luck, but I don't need it now.

I will get there. I just want the rest of you to realize that you will get there too. I'm just as confident that I can lose my 30 pounds as I was chagrined that I would gain it eating crap to make my elderly charge feel better about herself in some strange way it was hard to understand so I just said eff it even though I knew it was all bad news it would take recovery from. See ya on the other side. I already know this works cuz I did it once. :) Here comes Round 2 success story. Already started.

Try it and find yours. **** is hard, intermittent fasting makes it MUCH easier. You'll still be eating plenty of non-starchy veggies -- you know, the GOOD kind??? -- so you'll be fine.

Meet you at the winner's line.

I bought protein powders today at Sprouts, and am making **** friendly protein collagen shake mix. My cost is under $20 per pound.

I was paying $50 plus for Ancient Nutrition **** protein and it is hard to get here. I highly recomend the AN **** protein, not so much their **** collagen which has some nutrients that are irritating to me. 

I also plan to make fat bombs using the protein powder and the fat source. 

Good luck with the **** diet plan Ding, I have to keep a food diary when I am getting serious about **** and I have heard that having a breath meter is helpful also.
-crofter

I need a road-map since I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes jan 20, 2021. **** was my choice to follow after just trying it out. Dropped my blood sugars to a lower level, got passed the withdrawals from sugars and carbs, and feel younger, no kidding. That's why I got back on here because now I feel, at 68, my life is not over at all. I can't recommend **** more for anyone to give a try, diabetic or not. I just do the 50grams of carbs or less, sometimes I go over a little but my sugar still hasn't spiked.

I so hope Giant decides take hold of ****, just low-carb, and improve his quality of life. He will sure have a lot of support and company. People, probably by the 1000s are being diagnosed every day with diabetes. IMO carbs, and sugar are an addiction. That's just my experience because if anyone has dropped them, they would most likely have some withdrawals like I did. Lots of help for **** "flu" though. Don't quit before the miracle.

PS I did want to mention I was not willing to take the drugs they wanted me to, so I asked my doc if I could just try diet and exercise and he said yes, if you'll come back in a month for more bloodwork, no problem for me. My numbers are all in safe-zone, or around 6.0.

crofter said:
I bought protein powders today at Sprouts, and am making **** friendly protein collagen shake mix. My cost is under $20 per pound.

I was paying $50 plus for Ancient Nutrition **** protein and it is hard to get here. I highly recomend the AN **** protein, not so much their **** collagen which has some nutrients that are irritating to me. 

I also plan to make fat bombs using the protein powder and the fat source. 

Good luck with the **** diet plan Ding, I have to keep a food diary when I am getting serious about **** and I have heard that having a breath meter is helpful also.
-crofter
I use the food diary as well, most days.  I eat so many of the same foods I don't have to do that, but in the beginning I was diligent about logging all.  It was a life-saver, literally ;)

These trendy diets end up turning into cults, the best thing you can do for your health is listen to your mothers advise, eat your vegetables, plant based diets are always in the health narratives, everything else comes and goes. Keep it simple.

Never thought I’d agree with kurbmaster. A healthy diet is no junk and processed food (or little) and a bit of everything else. I remember being on Weight watchers and my brother who was on the early version of **** told me my peanut butter and wheat bread was like eating a chocolate cake. Common sense people.

Well Ms Lerca looks like I got to work a little harder. :D What is your brother on about. I eat organic, no salt no sugar peanut butter on toasted whole grain with the fruit of the day just about every morning, I don’t think it is like a piece of cake, although equally enjoyable, am I missing something here. I think the proof might be in the pudding so to speak, if your pudding is coming out looking like peanut butter, flows smooth several times a day then keep doing what you are doing, you can read a lot about the condition of your vehicle by paying attention to the tailpipe. I went to a health talk a few years back and this guy claimed for every meal you should have a movement which if you think about it makes sense, one in, one out.

I'm a **** gal :)  Love it, of course it wasn't easy going through carb-withdrawals/**** flu as some call it.  But I haven't felt this good in years, and hopeful for my future instead of just getting one issue after another.  I was diagnose with T2 Diabetes and was fortunate to find the videos on ****.  I didn't mess around, hit the ground running with that ball ;)  Got my glucose levels right again, and the side benefits are just showing up left and right, including fat loss! Denise

I don't see **** as I diet after getting into what Ketones are in the body. Getting your body to start burning fat as it's main energy source instead of carbs. There's a lot more to it, and you really have to want to know what it's about, and forget preconceived ideas about what **** is. Dr. Bikman is one of my favorite teachers about our bodies and what is really going on in them.

I would have never listened, let alone succeeded if I hadn't been scared to death at being diagnose a diabetic. To each his/her own, I tried it and I like it, Denise

PS Here's just one video I think is excellent: