My Adventure Van MK1

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GCAdventurer

Reaction score
I've seen some pretty impressive setups here as I've been looking around and thought it time to share with you my (former) rig. My wife and I had some great times  ;) travelling with this van, all over Ontario, northern Michigan & New York, down to Boston and even to Florida once. Unfortunately with living in a Northern climate, the life expectancy of vehicles is much shorter than the southerners. The road salt ate her away.
Below are some of the mods I added to make life easier while on the road.
IMG_0079 (1).jpg
400W inverter as well as second 12V outlet. (funny thing, the van had all of the wiring there for the 2nd outlet but no plug. Made the hookup SUPER easy!)
IMG_0081.jpg
This was salvaged from an old car phone (remember those?) This mount was for my iPod
IMG_0077 (1).jpg
Added a wire shelf in the back with trunk light to maximize road trip storage with the kids
IMG_0561.jpg
Rod Holders for fishing trips
IMG_0593.jpg
Custom window curtains...this took about 3 tries to get it right but finally nailed it on the last attempt. I used expandable curtain rods top and bottom screwed to the van and sewed loops in the curtain for them fit in. this kept the bottom of the curtains from hanging inside the living quarters (sucks when your van isn't a box on wheels like a Safari van)
To be continued....

Attachments

• IMG_0079 (1).jpg
    IMG_0079 (1).jpg
    57.2 KB
  • IMG_0081.jpg
    IMG_0081.jpg
    749.6 KB
  • IMG_0077 (1).jpg
    IMG_0077 (1).jpg
    63.1 KB
  • IMG_0561.jpg
    IMG_0561.jpg
    1.5 MB
  • IMG_0593.jpg
    IMG_0593.jpg
    1.3 MB
IMG_2938.gif
Here is the sleeping quarters installed, an air mattress fits nicely between the wheel wells!
Picture 055 (2).jpg
Here we are at Grundy PP in Ontario, the rear hatch is open and a custom mosquito net covers the opening
IMG_0059.jpg
This is what the van looked from the outside, roof top carrier for storage, spot lights to see the deer at night
IMG_0044.JPG
Need to get a quick shower in the afternoon? just leave this up on the roof for a while
IMG_0042.jpg
And my trusty Coleman gas burner from the mid 70's. Built better than anything else on the market and ALWAYS fires up without issue!

But like I said before, she is now gone  :(

so now on to MK2 :cool: :D

Attachments

• IMG_2938.gif
    IMG_2938.gif
    96.4 KB
  • Picture 055 (2).jpg
    Picture 055 (2).jpg
    53.7 KB
  • IMG_0059.jpg
    IMG_0059.jpg
    27.6 KB
  • IMG_0044.JPG
    IMG_0044.JPG
    18.8 KB
  • IMG_0042.jpg
    IMG_0042.jpg
    59.2 KB
Nice looking set up. While I love my cargo trailer, I do dream of a smaller self contained vehicle for quick trips. But then I think, how is maintaining another vehicle going to make my life simpler and less expensive.

masterplumber said:
Nice looking set up. While I love my cargo trailer, I do dream of a smaller self contained vehicle for quick trips. But then I think, how is maintaining another vehicle going to make my life simpler and less expensive.

While the old van was great for quick trips, the setup and tear down was just as bad as having to set up and tear down a camp. Now that I have the cargo trailer, I want to have a more permanent setup so I can hook on and drive away. My job doesn't give me much time away, 3 weeks of holidays (never all at once) plus long weekends (I get Sun, Mon & Tues off) so you can see why I want something ready-to-go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have that same Gen Four Grand Caravan. Okay for a couple nights camping, but cramped for a Big Guy. So I also have the Ford E150 Conversion Van. The GC remains my daily driver.