Mobile Shop & Cordless Tools in a Step Van

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T.he I.nvisible M.an

Reaction score
As I no longer have a shop, warehouse, office or even a regular one or two car garage, I found my self needing to complete a task but no power to run a corded tool.

I have since then installed a 400 watt inverter (800 watt surge) and have also been adding to my collection of cordless tools.

I find I can easily charge battery packs on the go and my ability to actually use my cargo space as a shop, anywhere, anyplace, anytime, has gone up substantially.

I am usually a big fan of the more established Hardcore Commercial Brand Names however I have found that the Dewalt line of 20 volt lithium ion tools to be reliable enough to use for light to medium duty jobs that you might encounter while doing Handyman type work. I am not sure how these tools would hold up in a harsh, full time, construction environment but for me these seem to do fine for now.

I especially like the light weight aspect of the tools as well as no need to roll out a cord every time you want something.

Comments, Suggestions and Ideas are welcome.

Here are my 20v Li-ion tools to date:

First off (and one of my favorites) is the