Moab gathering

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miele

Reaction score
Going to Moab this June,anybody going that direction.I never been to a national forest Boondocking.

Go there 2 times a year, spring and fall. Gathering sounds great.

It averages in the mid 90s in June. Some people like that heat, though.

My plan is to be there as soon as the nights get out of the freezing range.

I am a retired old lady, anyone interested in going to see the moon rise over Delicate Arch in Arches NP around 5/16 and 5/17? Can share a campsite at the park. The campsite does not have room for large RV. Also interested in gathering around Moab when I am there.

Moab has lots of special interest group gatherings that have gotten crazy big like the Jeep, utv, atv and bicycle events. I would check with the local visitor information center for dates before chancing the crowds. You could always go a little farther to HWY 95 and venture off. We hit Lake Powell 13 years ago and still have not seen all there is to see. With a National Parks Pass you can boondock on BLM land and get showers and dumpster while spending the day on the beach, drive a few miles and sleep on BLM land for free. Give me a PM if you have questions and do bring plenty of long storing food! Spring and fall are best as 100 degree days a common in summer. Henry Mountains are 20 miles away and at 11,000 feet cooler in summer sometimes still snow patches till July.

I am heading to Moab in a day or two, will be staying for a few days. I have my Toyota Sunrader stored there and am checking on it. I am familiar with the area and love dinosaurs! The Rock Shop is so great!

I am close to Farmington now, hope to be somewhere between Bluff and Monticello in a week or less. Any nomad company would be welcome. Hoping to do a quick in-the-field van build re-do with my portable makita tools.

Might want to make sure you won't need any thing to do the build as there is only an Ace hardware store anywhere near by and nearest big box stores like Home Depot or Lowes are many miles away in Grand Junction or Durango Colorado maybe.

Yup! Thanks for the heads up. Have been making a list for Home Depot in Farmington. Moving my bed around, mostly just cutting down some 4x4's.