Life At Kamp Koon………

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a brother-in-law that nearly got killed when a deer hit him from the side while riding a motorcycle. I had one jump in my open top dune buggy once but she decided it was too crowded and got back out before I could get stopped. Broke my windshield but I was really fortunate in my opinion.

Pretty exciting spot there, Johnny... Man, I see lots of deer getting hit and killed, but never the car burning to the ground!
Yeah; over the years there’s been a couple times too exciting.

Part 1: about 3/4 mile south is a house/cabin and about 6 or 7 years ago there was an old Winnebago Class C parked by it. There was always a lot of traffic in & out, blah blah.
Well one day their meth lab blew and burnt the Winnebago to nothing. When the FD extinguished the fire the State Police shows up and gathering what’s left for evidence. Anyway, the peeps renting the place haven’t been seen since - In prison I assume. There’s a young couple renting the place now from the old woman that owns it.

Part 2:
3 years back on a Saturday night, dude running from the cops rolls his pickup truck on previous mentioned J Curve. He gets out and runs down the ridge into the river flat swamp. 😂 hell, jail would be better than going down there. Anyway they finally apprehended him.

So, the following Monday AM Im taking my morning coffee old man hike up the road and what do I find ? Laying in the shoulder gravel?

IMG_1170.JPG
A 40mm S&W auto. So I picked it up so some kid couldn’t find it and go back to Kamp Koon and call the sheriff to come get it. Guess the guy had popped a couple rounds off in some kind of domestic. That was that.

Yeah, sometimes over the years gets a lil tooo exciting.

Jonny boi

Holyshiiiit.....

Hope that leaves a badass looking scar! :p(y)

Looks like you got lots of stitches which is good! Yep, scars at just tattoos with a story!

Holyshiiiit.....

Hope that leaves a badass looking scar! :p(y)
Dude; I have so many scars from the bottom of my right foot to the top of my head. don’t really need any more.

Been shot twice, stabbed once damn near blown to bits by a hand grenade, other injuries from being shot down in 2 helicopters; and that’s not counting dum ass shit I’ve done to myself.

Umm no don’t really need anymore scars.
jonny boi jus sayin.

Umm no don’t really need anymore scars.
Well... based on your profile pic, you are somewhat lacking in prominent facial scars. And I don't see any scars on your tongue either... ;)

Just sayin... there appears to still be some room on the canvas for artistic expression... :eek::ROFLMAO:

Holy f*ck though, you did have some harrowing adventures! Glad you made it out alive and with your sense of humor intact.

Ok, heres a lil more on my “workshop”……..
IMG_2676.jpeg
Every workshop gotta have a vice right? Here’s mine.
I cut that oak down to open a hole in the forest canopy for the solar panel but purposely cut it about 40” high so I could mount the vice using 5” lag bolts. The plastic bag and blue tub keep rain & snow off it.
Every spring when I return back to Kamp Koon I’m always mildly surprised it’s still there.

intjonny

The warm humid weather has finally arrived at Kamp Koon and along with it the lightning bugs.
The forest 2nite looks like a wide dark canvass loaded with never ending random white flashes like blinking Xmas tree lights.

90’s all next week with 70 degree dew points. Hot & super muggy.
Jonny boi will be at a beach