Life At Kamp Koon………

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last week was clean out my storage unit time.
Have had stuff stored in there for years since I got rid of my house that I hadn’t touched, thought about or looked at since and last week I sorted thru stuff and started getting rid of it.

Some got dumpster filed; some went to goodwill; some went to used book stores; some given away and some got burned. Oh, and yeah some I kept and several items I’m not sure about yet.
One item I need to get rid of is a never used combination fold up couch/bed that I removed from my travel trailer 12 years ago that could easily be mounted in a van, etc.

Lotsa room now in that unit. Prolly got rid of 80% of what was in there.

jonny boi
I put a piece of masking tape with the date marked on it on the boxes things are stored in when I open them. If I haven’t opened them in a couple of years they go straight to the trash. Life is getting shorter so maybe I’ll start throwing things away every year! Lol!!!

I’ve several firearms & a bunch of ammo I’m thinking about selling, too; or maybe I should keep them? Haven’t decided yet but I don’t hunt or shoot much anymore like I did when younger and while I’m keeping some, I’ll probably sell these:IMG_1498.jpeg
Original Colt AR SP1
IMG_1501.jpeg
Russian made SKS
IMG_1507.jpeg
S&W Mod 620 7 shot .357 Mag
IMG_1512.jpeg
Taurus .22lr 9 shot
IMG_1511.jpeg
My combat knife set.
Some other odds & ends I no longer use or need.

Downsizing
jonny boi

Left Kamp last Friday for a short road trip northward along the Lake Michigan coast.

Spent Friday at Ludington;
Spent Saturday at Sleeping Bear Dunes NP;
Spent Sunday at Traverse City;
Spent Monday at Leelanau State Park;
Tuesday with an all day rain approaching i returned back to Kamp Koon by evening.

jonny boi

This morning I walked 6 miles along the road/trail and picked up 11$ worth of returnable cans & bottles. Got a lil ole man exercise and made a couple bux. 😎

IMG_2732.jpeg
And above & below are the 2 latest examples of drivers that failed to negotiate the J-Curve described in a previous post.
IMG_2731.jpeg

This morning I walked 6 miles along the road/trail and picked up 11$ worth of returnable cans & bottles. Got a lil ole man exercise and made a couple bux. 😎

View attachment 36002
And above & below are the 2 latest examples of drivers that failed to negotiate the J-Curve described in a previous post.
View attachment 36003
Hope you got you a bright colored shirt so they at least see you!

Sooo Sunday hung out at in Muskegon at Lake Michigan much of the day and then went to a beach bar and took in a Beatles Tribute Band- meh…..

“Hey Jude, I wanna hold ur hand 8 days a week in my yellow submarine sniffing strawberry fields forever with lady madonna & penny lane while watching lucy in the sky with diamonds.” 🙄

i swear they played almost every Beatles song i hate and none that were rockin. ya had enuffa that.

Today I’ve gotten my first good whiff of the Canadian wildfire smoke, prolly last rest of summer like last year.

Thanx oh canada 🇨🇦 👎🏻
jonny

This week was Dr week………

Monday was Eye Guy
Tues was Derm Dude
Wed was Tooth Fairy
Thur was Ass Man; yep the ten year colonoscopy

Thank Gawd it’s Friday!
intjonny

This week was Dr week………

Monday was Eye Guy
Tues was Derm Dude
Wed was Tooth Fairy
Thur was Ass Man; yep the ten year colonoscopy

Thank Gawd it’s Friday!
intjonny
Ain’t it great getting old! Lol!!!

Really? Think it’s about getting old? Wasn’t much different being 18 going thru boot camp 😂

jonny
Yes it is different now we have doctors and nurses checking us and giving the shots, no more lining up checking the guy in front of you or air gun shots! They say as you get old memory is one of the first things to go! Lol!!!

IMG_2798.jpeg

Look what the ole man found! Taking my 4 mile walk a couple days back here’s this old sewing machine case out by the road with a “FREE” sign on it.

I looked it over and said, Damn, wish I found this a year ago when I was doing the van build. Could’ve incorporated it somewhere somehow.

Lamentations of Life.

Anyway, I’m thinking I can use those table wings & hinges for a couple folding counters/table I’ve been pondering on so when jonny boi got back to Kamp he fires up the van and retrieves the new found treasure.

Don’t know what I’ll do with the rest of it but lay an old board on top and it’ll be good for something.

jonny

Very cool find, John.

And I envy you your new and improved diet.

I gave up breakfast a couple of years ago, and lost 20lbs over the course of a year or so.

I try not to eat before 10am, then my first meal may be breakfast, lunch, brunch or dinner, depending on how I feel on any given day.

And because there’s just me, I don’t always feel like cooking, so do the best I can and to balance out my day if not any particular meal.