Millenicom Reborn?–Unlimited Verizon Data Plans for $47.75/month from OmniLynx Wire

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This one allows Verizon to cap your usage anytime they want, so could give you 1gig at high speed then drop you to 2g speed for the rest of the month. They may just give you low QOS -- on busy towers at busy times, you get almost nothing, and at slow usage times you get full speed.

blars said:
This one allows Verizon to cap your usage anytime they want,

Really, no different that any of the other providers or cable companies. They all throttle whenever they want. Pay the fines to the FCC, when required and then do it again.

Since Verizon and AT&T do not provide this direct as a standard unlimited availability. Should we now talk about the various resellers of SPRINT and T-MOBILE? They may not have the coverage but you can find unlimited data plans with them upon demand. So maybe do some planning with boondock or stealth camp areas for a month, and tap into there devices to get all caught up with video?

You would need a tablet that can reflect the movie to a connected hdtv. Know various Apple tablets and maybe some droid tablets can do that.

offroad said:
Since Verizon and AT&T do not provide this direct as a standard unlimited availability. Should we now talk about the various resellers of SPRINT and T-MOBILE? 

Only if you want to start a new thread

OmniLynx just re-opened the order page if anyone wants to get in on this.

Tina

Just placed an order, will report back on how it goes.

Am not mobile yet. So tempted but a lot can change in three years. --- all mobile should go for it!!

At least switch to this and use your cellphone as an IP ONLY phone with wifi and this service. Effectively cancel your cellphone and have only this new service.

I JUST now received the verizon jetpack from OmniLynx. Playing with it now. I'm a little disappointed that the billing cycle ends 9/25. Unless that's when my first billing cycle starts.

All other reports I've seen on facebook and blogs are positive with regard to speeds, etc.

cyndi said:
I JUST now received the verizon jetpack from OmniLynx. Playing with it now. I'm a little disappointed that the billing cycle ends 9/25. Unless that's when my first billing cycle starts.

All other reports I've seen on facebook and blogs are positive with regard to speeds, etc.

Any word from anyone using a lot of data like over 10gb?

I wonder how they will be with throttling, hopefully lenient.

It will take about five movies to blow through 10gb. Hopefully someone thus weekend will binge watch and mention the result.

I follow the Internet for RVers Facebook group and so far it's nothing but positive reports with the exception of some throttling at peak times. Everybody seems happy. It's a public page if yo want to see what people are saying
https://www.facebook.com/groups/rvinternet/

cyndi said:
I  JUST now received the verizon jetpack from OmniLynx. Playing with it now. I'm a little disappointed that the billing cycle ends 9/25. Unless that's when my first billing cycle starts.

I'm still waiting for mine to arrive, regarding the billing cycle date below is what  I was able to find out from another forum.

[font='Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, sans-serif]The only thing of note is that we ordered on 9/3/2015 and it arrived on 9/10/2015. The on screen billing cycle date says the period ends on 9/25/2015. We assume this is because HSVWiFi pre-activates the devices in batches well in advance of shipping. So consider your first month's service to be a partial month.[/font]

This would be a godsend for me. Right now both my daughter & I are blowing thru 3 mifi hotspot data per month. 5gb + 4gb + 1gb in a month's time and the only reason we did not go thru more is because her laptop is in for repairs for a while. When I get my first paycheck at my new (lower paying) job, I will be getting this mifi. All my stuff is no contract. I bought my hotspots and can always add the data to them to get back to using them. They will be my backup in case the unlimited dies on me.

Cyndi, did you ever get an email confirmation that the jetpack was shipped? I havent received anything yet!

Is it normal to not have a charge on your paypal account immediately? My account doesn't even look to have been charged yet, though I have received a confirmation email from OmniLynx stating that my order was placed.

I don't have a paypal account, but my payment went through paypal and was deducted the next day.

It took forever to charge the danged thing and the battery only went to a 98% charge. I googled it and it's last years model. I'm guessing offloading these to OmniLynx was a way for Verizon to get rid of old stock and still make a buck.

Looking for a video to help with set up. I must be simpler than the written directions.

Actually, I just prefer learning by video.

NomadMike said:
Cyndi, did you ever get an email confirmation that the jetpack was shipped? I havent received anything yet!

I haven't received my device yet either.  And I think I ordered on the same day as Cyndi.  I'm on the west coast; so, maybe it just takes longer to get here.  I did receive the order confirmation; but no notice that it was shipped.  And, my PayPal account was charged the day after the order.  Hopefully the device will arrive tomorrow (Monday).

Suanne