Mifi rescue plan...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

galladanb

Reaction score
[font='droid sans', sans-serif]I have a vzw 4510l mifi that still seems to work, but for how long, right?[/font]
[font='droid sans', sans-serif]I thought about going over to the Verizon store and see what they could do for it, like a reboot, reflash or trash, etc.....[/font]

[font='droid sans', sans-serif]Your thoughts would be most appreciated...[/font]

What you are doing is illegal far as the company is concerned.

They won't call the cops, but more likely because they won't have a clue what you're talking about.

They certainly won't be able to help you.

There is no flashing back to stock.

And even if there were, and they would help you,

any plan they have ever offered for under $60-80 per month would be useless to you, tiny amounts of data.

Just cross your fingers and hope it stays working a bit longer.

If you bought it within a return policy window, put in to get your money back.

galladanb said:
[font='droid sans', sans-serif]I have a vzw 4510l mifi that still seems to work, but for how long, right?[/font]
[font='droid sans', sans-serif]I thought about going over to the Verizon store and see what they could do for it, like a reboot, reflash or trash, etc.....[/font]
[font='droid sans', sans-serif]Your thoughts would be most appre[/font]
if its still working why worry- i have one still working also- BE CAREFUL what you post on this forum- THERE IS MUCH MORE DEPENDABLE INFO ON HOWARD FORUMs- there are lots of jealous/angry members here and who knows what they will do- the least of which is tell you it is illegal- those same people were using the same system you are but theirs went down and now they want everybody down- those same people are still using every grey area trick they can find to get cheap internet (even illegal)-

I don't see people telling others what to do or not, personally don't care about people stealing services from ISPs.

The problem came from those who weren't aware that's what these plans involved.

And this website, quite within their rights, does not want to be in the position of advocating or helping people do that.

I guess he only cares about things being illegal when he's not the one cashing in on it.

Shhh. Be very, very quiet. Bruce is listening.

Weight said:
Shhh.  Be very, very quiet.  Bruce is listening.

LOL- for just one of the foolish children following the Pied Piper
how many of us lost money over the suggestions of the PP
then the PP just dumped us to the ocean 
it is not bruce you need to worry about rather the PP racking in all your money

Bruce, did you dispute the charges and get your money back? Are there other big ticket items that you have bought, had quit and not tried to return them?

Feel entitled much?

Take responsibility for **your** decisions!

Foolish to take Free Advice from anyone on the internet especially if a lot of money for you without researching more yourself, finding out the details.

What you thought it was being sold by or approved by the mothership?

$5 a month compared to $80+ didn't seem too good to be true, maybe a big risk involved?

Fall off the turnip truck yesterday did we?

So he made a mistake, don't we all?

Snowflake. . .

jimindenver said:
Bruce, did you dispute the charges and get your money back? Are there other big ticket items that you have bought, had quit and not tried to return them?
Jim
well ur PM box is full so i will post
I decided to send PM instead of reply on the forum. If you like you can post this PM on the forum.
1st I must say I am very disappointed in yours and Santa Clause's handling of this whole issue involving the 3G & 4G $5/mon. Obviously you and SC have every right to pull down all the info you2 own on the forum. At the same time that action shows lack of integrity! And for me the consequence is I now have great concern of anything either of you say.

I saw a few comments from you insinuating that you made a warning to the users and we bought anyway so it is our fault we lost money. INSULATING!!!

As one of the two lead people pushing this service you two hold some responsibility to the followers to follow up on what resolution they might have.

Just pulling down all related information was a total irresponsible action. 

The correct thing to do would have been to follow up on refund actions available and to post that info on the forum and YouTube. As the leader you had more contacts than most of us to find refund actions. BUT instead when the water got a little warm you decided to wash your hands. 

So please do not ask me how I resolved the problem. That was your job to follow up on a suggestion gone wrong and help your followers. 

As for as Santa Clause and his Clinton non-profit SCAM I don't know if you are involved but SC is just after money and fame. 

And for the Pied Piper children they have their own decision if they want to follow such shady characters!

WOW ... just think of the people here that recommend a "Ford" or "Chevy" van are they at fault if you buy one?

what about cargo trailers .... motor homes, cell phones, blackstone grills, kayaks , ect

Jim was just telling you what worked for him, he didn't tell 1 lie, it was working for him and many other but he's can't tell the future

i lost out too ... but i knew it wouldn't last forever, i have learned a lot from Jim and respect his knowledge and THANK him for sharing

just my 2 cents

Letter from Santa Claus...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-18 at 7.06.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-18 at 7.06.12 PM.png
    151.3 KB · Views: 49
Ok, I've read this thread and I don't get it...  I don't understand, what is the drama?  I see Amazon still sells vzw 4510l mifi as Verizon compatible and it's LTE.  So... I don't get it, whats the problem, what's illegal about adding a personally owned device to your Verizon plan, just the same as if you bought your own phone...???  Did I miss something?

Ya'll know what the difference is between a truck driver and a new puppy?

The puppy quits whining after 6 weeks.

:D

We are all entitled to grouse. And Jim was quite the salesman for the $5 plan. Take it on the chin, buddy.

Doubleone said:
Ok, I've read this thread and I don't get it...  I don't understand, what is the drama?  I see Amazon still sells vzw 4510l mifi as Verizon compatible and it's LTE.  So... I don't get it, whats the problem, what's illegal about adding a personally owned device to your Verizon plan, just the same as if you bought your own phone...???  Did I miss something?
The original discussion was eBay "grey market" sellers asking $100's more for a custom firmware "flashing" service

so that device spoofed its identity to VZW in order to get unlimited data for $5 per month, under low volume pretenses, maybe automotive or security system plans.

Worked for years, but once hundreds thousands of devices started sucking down GBs of streaming video, VZW inevitably decided to crack down and cut them off.

All the above info was available on HowardForum, I did post heads'up on threads here maybe 6mo before or even a year ago, but it seems few did the detailed research to be fully informed as to the risk.

Those last in but longer than eBay return policy got screwed.

Ahhh... Caveat Emptor!   Thanks...  Now, I have some context.  Ok folks, never mind me, drama on...

Just a quick update...

It’s still working and still works when our t-mo does not...

We even broke down and purchased another 4g mifi from VZW and added a cheap phone for total unlimited an additional 90 bucks per month.

The 3g can get a three bar signal when NONE of the others will...

Until further notice, I will continue to pay five bucks...

I’ll update when and if it stops working or...

Such Fun!!!