Midwest Equinox Encampment, March 19 - 22, 2020 Land Between the Lakes, KY

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The get together was cancelled due to the coronavirus, I do not think it is responsible to hold a get together when a severe infectious disease is being transmitted.

There is no problem with the Land Between the Lakes area, this is just in response to the general health emergency.

I agree that one would be safer alone in camp than at Wal-Mart! But bringing a group of people together from different areas does not seem like a good idea at the moment.

If anyone does visit the Land Between the Lakes, it would be nice to get a report on what you think of the area for long term boondocking.

Once again, sorry to have cancelled this, but the coronavirus outbreak is very dangerous for some people, especially older people. Lets hope that it turns out to be milder than predicted.

Midwest Equinox, I Hope my prior post was not interpreted as criticism for the decision to cancel this---I am not certain that I would attend any elective gathering under the present circumstances. I intended just to say that I would prefer to be in a secluded spot for a while rather than operating business as usual in public areas. I appreciate your efforts in trying to organize something in the Midwest, and I thank you for your work in posting some great info on available off-grid camping in the LBL area which I was not aware of.. Hope to get down there and explore the area in the near future.

Ahhhhhh, what a shame this is cancelled, but I do understand the emergency to keep public activities safe for all. We know this virus is serious and it will not go away, but we can slow it down if we are smart and listen to expert infectious disease doctors - obvious, our administration is not.
Thank you for organizing and taking the time for updates and such.
One day at a time. Cheers!

I am sorry this event was cancelled; but it certainly is the smart decision.

I am hoping more “unorganized” events are planned in the future for us mid-west/central/eastern vandweller types. Hats off and thanks to whomever took the initiative to get the ball rolling on this one; please don’t be blunted by the cancellation.

I live in Michigan and look forward to participating in any events which are scheduled in the future.

Keep up the good work and the effort; it’s appreciated!