Mice!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very interesting point Wander Woman.   I met a retired industrial electrician who had "Histoplasmosis".  Much like
what you are talking about with the deer mice.  He didn't know what hit him either,  but the Doctors told him
he got it from bird droppings on the roofs of buildings where he had worked on heating & a/c units, electrical
grid work,  and so forth.  He said that Doctors told him that birds can carry over 50 diseases and to watch out
for starlings, geese, pigeons, and sparrows in particular.

SternWake said:
I don't care how many times one might have watched the Secret of Nihm when they were young, but mice are not cute, they are disease spreading vermin.  I will not willingly share my  space with them.

It's The Secret of N.I.H.M. and I always knew the difference between animation and reality. Since I grew up a little closer to the source of my food than many people do, I also was not upset to see Bambi's mother get shot, except to ask my dad (who has also poached, like most of my family) what fool shoots a doe, even a poacher, with a fawn in tow. Then I grew up and met many such fools.

The mice seem to be bad this year. I've noticed several on FB (in different groups) are having problems with mice.

I was talking with a woman who grew up on and had worked ranches her entire life. Very soft spoken, pleasant grandmotherly type.

The subject of rats and mice in our vehicles came up.

She told me that for decades she had trapped them using a 5 gallon bucket with a few inches of peanut oil in the bottom.

They can't resist the peanut oil and get in it, get slippery, and can't get out. She said she caught buckets full.

I asked her what she did with them.

She flashed me an evil smile and replied
"I put a lid on it and throw it in the burn pile!"

LOL! Where is she when I need her!

SternWake said:
....  I gleefully fed them to the fish and ospreys  and seagulls with a tennis racket in the morning in between sips of strong coffee.

I'm LMAO here visualizing that!

Hey! Come on down to Lake Havasu. Bring your tennis racket. I'll make as much coffee as it takes to get the job done!