Mental Health Thread

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
XERTYX said:
...Silly mood sorry. Manic cycles make one happy...

Lol, I understand. I have settled down a bit as I sneak up on 50. Still many sleepless nights, but the highs and lows have been muted by a noticeable amount. Meditation and an understanding of awareness helped. I wish ya the best, it's definitely not the worst hand one could get dealt in life, but it's still pretty damn challenging.

EDIT: Feel free to PM me if you want. Sometimes getting it out helps relieve a bit of the urgency. I'm not here everyday, but I'll definitely read it and respond if I have anything to add. :cool:

^
Thanks. That's a great sentiment. Futher proof that things arent like they once were. 50 years ago I could have been sentenced to a life in a hospital without the benefits guaranteed me of habeas corpus IE due process of the law due to my affliction.

This is W XERTYX. We will be signing off for the night.

Cue national anthem et al.

Barring and unforeseen tragedy I'll be napping soon. Good night and may "insert deity name here" bless.

*static*

Sometimes no means no.

There are forums out there for all kinds of topics.

This forum is for the nomadic lifestyle and there are valid reasons for avoiding medical advice. Just find a different forum that does explore what you want. This forum simply cannot be all things to all people. Maybe someone will read this thread and know of some links to forward to you.

I agree with that post that all forums can not be for all topics.

it isn't about stamping down a person and their problems whether medical or emotional or whatever. It is about the right place for the right discussions on the internet in a specific forum.

A nomadic lifestyle forum isn't a medical forum in any way and it is a private forum and can set it's rules how it wants and it doesn't want a medical section in it's makeup. Done deal. As many forums right off the bat say no religion or political discussions due to their violent natures, again, done deal.

I wish you the best and I know you can find appropriate internet forum websites to discuss more complex mental emotional medical issues as you need.

^
^^
Well this is why i raised the question in the manner i did. It's obvious that the mod team is aware of my opinion. Also there was a response from the community at large stating their opinions. No one got rude or ugly. All in all I'd call this a successful exercise. 

There are plenty of forums on the internet. Hacking forums, illegal forums, forums on how to grow the biggest tomatoes, etc. The best place to learn how to clean a rifle is probably on a gun forum. This is true enough. I just feel that nomads that deal with MH issues could have a place here. Just my .02

Anyhow I trust the mod team will make the best decision that is best for everyone. That may mean that my idea is right out. No problem. I do know where I can go to talk and I'll still talk here about solar panels. Fair enough.

I'm no ones leader. And I'm no ones follower. But I do have a voice and something to say so I did. Peace.

I'm not going to quote this as it would also be moderated. In my experience posts about posts being moderated are moderated. I responded to the series of posts and I shouldn't have. This thread is on the topic of mental health and I strayed from the topic. This isnt about censorship but rather keeping us all safe. The mods have a lot on their plate.

Now we have at least 3 threads on the same topic; mist of which say the same thing, with some new member input.

To quote the OP, "Well this is why i raised the question in the manner i did. It's obvious that the mod team is aware of my opinion. Also there was a response from the community at large stating their opinions. No one got rude or ugly. All in all I'd call this a successful exercise..."

Exercise complete. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.