Memories

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnHarrelson

Reaction score
[font=arial, helvetica, sans serif][size=medium]Memories [/size][/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans serif][size=medium]A big ol' plate of grits with fried eggs stirred in and Red-Eye gravy drizzled all over it with a humongous pork chop hanging over the edge of the plate... Served up with hot black coffee and southern cornbread smothered in home made butter and watermelon rind preserves from last years melon patch.[/size][/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans serif][size=medium]A beautiful baby girl held in my arms, gently breathing in my ear while I softly hum a lullaby to her. [/size][/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans serif][size=medium]Sitting in a boat on the local pond watching my young son reel in his first fish.. knowing that he is now hooked for life on fishing... [/size][/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans serif][size=medium]Kneeling on the soft earth and feeling the warmth of the sun on my back while my hands pull weeds and plant seeds that will grow into wonderful tasting vegetables in a few short weeks.. [/size][/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans serif][size=medium]Sitting in my easy chair after a hard days work with my feet soaking in a pan of cool water and Epsom salts while I close my eyes and allow my mind to turn the pan of water into that little stream where I waded with bare feet many years ago as a young lad, dipping up tadpoles with a tin can and hoping to see a crayfish scuttling across the sandy bottom... [/size][/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans serif][size=medium]The softness of my wife's breast on our first night as man and wife. The smell of her hair and the unexplainable feeling of our first time in becoming united as one person. The insatiable hunger that we had afterward that caused us to go into the kitchen at midnight to eat fried egg sandwiches and drink Pepsi Cola. The uncertainness and embarrassment of knowing what we had done and the hope that we would return to our marriage bed to repeat the experience all over again.. Why does it take so long to eat a simple sandwich..... [/size][/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans serif][size=medium]Standing on the ship's bow at midnight looking out as far as the eye can see and finding only ocean. It's calm and smooth surface reflecting the moonlight. The feeling of insignificance and venerability that makes me hang onto the ship's railing with an ever tightening grip least my body heeds the call of the sirens of the deep against my will.. [/size][/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans serif][size=medium]The relief that washes over me when I open the mailbox and find my Military disability check is there... assuring me once again that my government has not forgotten it's promise to it's military veterans. [/size][/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans serif][size=medium]The feeling of peace that envelopes me each night when I say my prayers and snuggle under the covers to drift off to another place, another time. A time when I was a handsome young man, strong, invincible and ageless. A place where everything was bright and sunny, soft and warm, happy and carefree... "A time to sleep, perhaps to dream" [/size][/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans serif][size=medium]John "the cook" © 1986 [/size][/font]

:heart: Double sigh, so beautiful , with a side order of WOW!

You've captured many of your life experiences in a beautiful way. Kudos!