Meet Max

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimindenver

Reaction score
IMG_20170125_093304-2.jpg
I know, I know, I said never again after the last three. I said it before with the two before them. I thought it would be easier out here by myself just taking care of myself with the daily routine but that got pretty old pretty fast. There have been people here to break the boredom when I can handle it but that's not always going to be the case. I actually was in my robe until late morning with nothing planned and it was getting to me.

I have been watching the rescues for schnauzers and most were up into the older range when they start having issues. That not only gets expensive quickly, it's hard to find vets out in the middle of no where. Some of the rescue fees can be nearly as high for a 8 year old dog as it was for my puppy and that's if they would allow a dweller to adopt. (many won't)

So meet Max. A 3 1/2 month old white toy schnauzer that weighs 8 pounds and will top out no more than I am allowed to lift. He knows a few commands already, seems house broken, is cuddlier than all get out and thinks my lap is the place to be.

Attachments

• IMG_20170125_093304-2.jpg
    IMG_20170125_093304-2.jpg
    60.3 KB
Life without dogs...just not possible!!!

Such a cutie, and schnauzers are generally smart too

Nice choice Jim, good company is hard to find and dogs are the best (and cats).

Rob

Congratulations! Looks like a nice dog and the breed is a good one. Nice to have something small too, not that I would actually know with my two larger dogs, but I have always thought small would have an advantage. I know all too well how hard it is to not have a dog after almost always having had one present, but these have to be the last for me! I remember my dad always saying "There won't be another after this one." yeah, that was the only tall tale I ever heard my dad tell!

And, welcome Max! We always carry a big bag of Meaty Bones................

Hi Jim congrats!  I went 5 years with out a dog and I don't know how or why I even did it.  They fill so many voids any complications they add to life and traveling are paid back ten fold.  

Adopted my guy 6 months ago and he's faithfully been at my feet every single day since.  Literally

Attachments

• resize.jpg
    resize.jpg
    117.1 KB
Awwwwwwwwww! He is a little sweetie, Jim. Congrats to you both.

jimindenver said:
So meet Max. A 3 1/2 month old white toy schnauzer that weighs 8 pounds and will top out no more than I am allowed to lift. He knows a few commands already, seems house broken, is cuddlier than all get out and thinks my lap is the place to be.

Aww, He really has the cute look down!!! How sweet he looks, you are blessed with a cutie and no matter what you have said before, I am sure he is welcome in your "camp" anytime.
So glad you find you a little travel companion and I am sure he will make sure you get out of those "jammies" before noon, for he will need to Go-Go-Go, somewhere, anywhere cause that is what puppies are like.
Congratulations on your new found friend.
Sharon

There's nothing like coming home to a dog. (Can you tell I'm still S&B?) Or hanging out with them instead of going out.

Congrats on finding Max!

Hi Max! Oh Jim, he is adorable and STUNNINGLY handsome. Best wishes to you both for finding each other.

A big 10 on the adorable scale!! Can't even imagine not have a fur baby with me, he will be great company for you!!

How did it happen? I drove to Phoenix to pick him up. A short drive for a lot of lovin. :)

Thank you all, he is so lovable in every way. It has made it a wee bit harder to get things done around here since I get a pout look if I don't have him in my lap or am playing with him in or outside some how. I laid on the bed with him hoping he would doze off, two hours later we both woke up from our nap and of course it was time for a walk, eating and more play. Oh well I can get the tires tomorrow I guess.

Looks spoiled already. You won't get anything done now....lol

Latest posts